BZFlag stopped working (again)

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
U812
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZFlag stopped working (again)

Post by U812 »

Hi, I have another problem with BZFlag. I switched from a DSL ISP to T-Mobile 5G Internet today. Everything is fine, except when I try to open a game in BZFLag, I get a "Global login rejected, bad token" message. It then says Refused: cheater, teles, flies with team flag.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jay
GEP
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: BZFlag stopped working (again)

Post by GEP »

Hope that the devs will be able to get support for ipv6 working soon, from what I've heard that is a focus for them now.
Until that time... I also use T-Mobile 5G, usually if you try a dozen tries you'll be able to join. There have been a few times where I restart the hotspot box, and it'll work great for anywhere between a few hours to a few days...
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

One thing too, is sometimes you'll get UDP kicked.(Mobile carriers seem to sometimes block UDP.) The real issue is the IP mismatch, since it prevents global authentication from working.(You'll get auth for one IP, but wind up connecting as another.)

According to Git commits in one branch, Tim is working on it.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
U812
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by U812 »

Thanks, it turns out that I can get things working for some games, but the two main active games still won't work...

Jay
U812
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by U812 »

Just a BUMP on this......

I can't figure out why this is an issue. All I did was switch to T-Mobile 5g. I tried updating to a new version of BZflag, no joy. I can play Quickshot and sometimes Scarwell, but not much else.....

I'm going through withdrawal!

Jay
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It's a current limitation of our authentication system. It breaks in cases of carrier grade NAT where the public IP used to access our authentication system is different from the public IP used to access the game server. The fix will require updated clients AND servers, and changes on the authentication server (that I haven't made time to review).
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

I have used an app for Android called Network, previously this was on F-droid, but it seems to be replaced/removed. There is a fork of it with the same name f-droid.org/en/packages/pl.lebihan.network/ whose repo is at github.com/mimi89999/Network. I have used the original, but cannot comment on the fork.

I can say, adjusting some settings fixed a UDP issue for me. It did not fix global authentication issues for me. I'm assuming if you have working global authentication on non 5G connections, perhaps it may allow you to get authentication working again.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread