idle kick

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

idle kick

Post by Burned Account -CNG- »

i was on quols server, when i got a score of 67 i was kicked for idleing.
Do not enable this account with out admin aproval
elmer fudd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by elmer fudd »

idling is when you stay dead for a long time... but if you werent then it is a bug

Post by Guest »

idle is acctually when you stand still too long, it could be , paused, or even sitting there unharmed. just as long as you hvent moved or shot at all. :|
elmer fudd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by elmer fudd »

nope..........
idle is when you stay dead at the corny "broken screen"

Post by Guest »

no its not. ive stayed in one spot too long in a server with no people and i got kicked for idle and paused in ducati i got kicked for idle.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It only kicks you if you are paused or dead, at least with the standard source code.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

Last week I have been playing on gamesunited and got kicked right while moving around. Because of idling too long. :roll:
Legoguy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legoguy »

I heard someone complain about this at SecretPlace too...
"... the reality is that GNU/Linux is a better mousetrap. It wasn't started by any company, it is bigger than any company, it depends on no company, and if they all went out of business tomorrow, it would continue." -Groklaw
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

idlingly=dead, paused, or delay in network response?
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
Chestal
Dev Guru
Dev Guru

Post by Chestal »

The server has two idle counters, one for idling, one for pausing. They are both displayed in /idlestats if >0. Technically, a player is idle if the server has not received a message from that player, in particular the message type which is sent to update the player's position. This message is sent by the client at least once a second - unless the player is dead.
So when the server kicked you although you were alive and not paused, it is either a bug or a network problem. Some NAT routers seem to forget the port mapping for UDP packets too fast, but that is only a guess. If that happens, it would also mean that other peopel see you as [nr].
Legoguy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legoguy »

I don't thinkn that network delay would cause an idle kick, that would cause an [nr] instead...
"... the reality is that GNU/Linux is a better mousetrap. It wasn't started by any company, it is bigger than any company, it depends on no company, and if they all went out of business tomorrow, it would continue." -Groklaw
The New Me
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The New Me »

I've just been kicker from Viper's server for idling too long. I was moving at the time as was wveryone else on the map and I had just geno'd the other team twice so I know it was a real idling problem. I was on 67 as well - perhaps just a co-incidence.