Scoring option

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Scoring option

Post by The Purple Panzer »

I'd like the client to keep a personal score for me, that being the percent of my shots which result in kills. I don't think this
needs to be published (seen by other players), but it could be I suppose - mainly I'd like to try to optimize it as a personal challenge. Ideally it might show the numbers, that is something like "22% (11/50)".

There are some maps (say, the popular Spirals one) where, when crowded, you get killed rather quickly after (or right at) spawning - in these cases, playing for score can be frustrating. (Or perhaps I'm not good enough yet to avoid such sudden death - but it doesn't seem like a fun goal to work towards). So I'd rather play to optimize my killing efficiency rather than score - it'd be much more satisfying, even if I'm the only one who sees it. It also might tend to discourage people from firing the bursts of 10 or 20 shells or so that sweep out large areas. It'd be a good way to train for servers with low shot limits.
EvilChickenNugget
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by EvilChickenNugget »

I LOVE this idea. It would be sooo nice to have some sort of accuracy statistics. Like maybe an option in the main menu for "Statistics" which you enter and it then shows you things like:

Total Shots Fired
Total Hits
Accuracy %

Average Play Time
Total Play time this week/month/day/whatever

And so forth.
rob1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rob1n »

and you could make it an option in the options menu so if you don't wanna use space to save it, you don't have to...
SportChick
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SportChick »

I think that feature would be particularly interesting on the ducati (2 shot, no jumping) type of servers.
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Statistics are a good idea, but I was thinking of this as more of an alternative score, when conventional scoring just doesn't seem as meaningful. You could even imagine two score lists, one for point value as is currently done, and one for lethality, maybe letting the user choose in which mode he wanted to play.
elmer fudd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by elmer fudd »

loser: that would use at most 1 kb
so with 60GB standard(and goes higher) 1KB is < 1% of total disk space
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

?

elmer fudd wrote:loser: that would use at most 1 kb
so with 60GB standard(and goes higher) 1KB is < 1% of total disk space
I don't see what this has to do with using an accuracy metric as an alternative score.
rob1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rob1n »

or if u don't want it :)