Jackals Palace is going down for a while

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
julesthejackal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Jackals Palace is going down for a while

Post by julesthejackal »

Hi again everyone :D

I will be taking my server down for a while. I noticed that there is still quite abit of players still using it especially the "Hunt the Rabbit" style with the "KingsCastle Map".

I hope someone will set up a server similar to this one that is going down. I find that with my kids switching over to Halo PC I dont have the bandwith to run a BZFlag server and a Halo PC server. When my kids get sick of Halo, I will be putting it back up.

I hope to see you around.....I will more than likely be at BZDoug Bzflag server. (If only I had his bandwith.........)

Take care for now
jtj 8)
danimal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by danimal »

thats sad to hear... I've enjoyed playing on your server.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Lately I've been working on numerous projects and college, so I don't play as much as I used to, but I always had fun on your servers.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

julesthejackal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by julesthejackal »

Hi again all :D

Well my kids got sick of Halo real fast and now are hooked on Unreal 2004 demo!

So the server is back up now!

I'm using the rabbit style game on the Two Fortresses Map by The Purple Panzer. Hope to see you there!

Take care jtj 8)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Cool, that's good to hear. ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

rob1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rob1n »

what's the difference in bandwith taking up from Halo to UT2004 demo?
elmer fudd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by elmer fudd »

i dont think the demos of UT come with servers
julesthejackal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by julesthejackal »

ok here we go.....
Halo runs only on Windows and we all know that Windows really sucks, the Halo Server Program basically eats all the bandwith that it can causing really bad lag issues with bzflag which I run on Linux. So when I had Halo Server running on a Windows box and Bzflag running on my Linux box and both of them had players on.......REALLY REALLY BAD LAG (over 1000 ms on both!, and yes I know my connection dont help either cause my ISP only gives me 396/k up). As for UT2004 demo......yes It does come with a server client for Windows and Linux FYI.

I hope this answered some questions for ya :D

Jules
rob1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rob1n »

oh yeah...i can't even come up with anymore questions to quiz u about this... :D

i never knew ut2004 demo came with server...i'll have to look into that for my linux box (that i only use for a server)
julesthejackal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by julesthejackal »

Hello again all you bzflagers!

After playing this great games for a few years now and having a server of my own for a couple I have made a decision to take my server down for good. I find that Im slowing losing interest in the game and also realize that I dont play it as much as I used to. (I'm hooked on UT2004 and Quake3).

I will still play the odd time and hope when I come on all you great players will take it easy on me! :lol-old:

So I would like to thank this great community for the help and support I needed to get this server up and also to some of the players for the tips they gave me to improve my play. (I never did become any good at it anyways.....LOL). With over 8 pages of servers available and about 200 players on at any give time......I really dont think anyone will miss my server that much. If any server owners want to know the values I used for the CRACKED style of the server, I will be very happy to help.

I would also like to thanks these people individually for there support and help:
Razzberry (linux help when I was newbie)
Kernel Panic (diddo)
SpacemanSpiff (great player)
Mofo (great admin for me)
Wizardz (aka Cell) (diddo)
Prongs (admin support)
Blast (for his XL verison which I love)
Red Dog (admin)
Knighmare (yes Knightmare, I know he was not well liked here but he did give me some great advice on looking for cheaters)
PurplePanzer (everyone loves his maps)
Sids6.7 (maps also)

The list can go on and on.....but I'll stop it here.

For all you players hooked on "CRACKED" style....the server last day up will be July 31st 2004. So get while its still up.

Take care all God Bless

Jules The Jackal

:D
Princess Mononoke
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Princess Mononoke »

I've always enjoyed playing on your servers. I hope to see you around sometime. You'll be missed.
A relationship is like a train. If one passes, the next one will come along.
julesthejackal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by julesthejackal »

Thanks

Its always good to hear positive feed back :D

Jules
Defman
Private First Class
Private First Class

bummer

Post by Defman »

Thanks for providing all the different game style servers Jules. Other than the lag thing awhile back - I always had a good time!

I, and others no doubt - will surely miss playing on the CRACKED server.

Hope to see you around still from time to time - unlike many from "our era" (been in it for a couple of yrs now - not quite as long as you it sounds like) - seems they all disappeared or changed their callsigns, like I did.

Take care Jules.
julesthejackal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by julesthejackal »

Thanks Defman.

Very true what you said about call signs

I started as out as "Jules The Jackal"

and I will always use "Jules The Jackal"

as my callsign.

FYI my quake3 and ut2004 servers are also called

JACKALSPALACE

lol x 2

Jules :D

PS I use the call sign "Jules The Jackal" in quake3 and ut2004 also!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It was always a pleasure playing on your servers. Lately, I haven't been playing BZFlag as much either. Too busy with work, life, and the iLeague website. I'm sure there will be many people that will miss your servers, as the higher speed and jumps on the Cracked server were fun.

Also, I'm glad you like the XL client. Hope to cya around! :)