Bzflag Assassin

Discussions about the various leagues
The Dark Samurai
Private First Class
Private First Class

Bzflag Assassin

Post by The Dark Samurai »

I am want to start up a team inwhich i am the only member, in the CTF league. Then i will hire my self to teams in exchange for a score if i win or loose the match. Wot you guys think of the idea??

The Dark Samurai
Viper
Private First Class
Private First Class

Well

Post by Viper »

The onlything i got to say is i dont think you will be aloud lol.
- viper.pimpi.org
- email: drugskill@gmail.com
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

oh sure why not.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
bamf.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bamf. »

let me get this straight:

you want to create a team, with one member (you).
you play a match on another team as a "visitor".
that team wins with you on it.
the team you play with gets a win as well as your solo team?

i don't think that is proper. gerbil, at one point, tried a similar freelance thing. he didn't belong to any team. the idea was he would play with a team that needed an extra player. i don't think he ever got any matches out of it.

if you want my advice, try sticking with the same team for awhile. you've been in quite a few from what i can tell and are currently in WoD if i'm correct. i've see too many teams startup, and then quit when they don't win the matches they'd like to. you're an excellent player, stick it out with your current team and help them improve. look at HoW, they couldn't win a match to save their lives when they first started, now they rarely lose one.

cheers.
It's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says: Hey, can you give me a hand? You can say: Sorry, got these sacks.
The Dark Samurai
Private First Class
Private First Class

if the team looses then i will also loose, so it will also backfire, i want to be able to help though teams that only have one player online so that more matches can be played. Hey i ain't gerbel so i can get it to work. (thats if gerbel didn't get it to work) ill be a Bzflag Assassin. so i get half the points for a win example, 10 for normal win ill get 5 for it, 5 points for a loss, 10 points will be taken off. Hhehe i got it all worked out.

~The Dark Samurai
I accept my way of life and so should you!!! if can't well F**K off and just deal with it!!!!
bamf.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bamf. »

The current scoring system is not configured to split points between teams like that. I could be wrong but, I don't think a match can be counted as official unless the players actually belong on the team they're playing with.
It's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says: Hey, can you give me a hand? You can say: Sorry, got these sacks.
david_v
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by david_v »

First off, some boring technical comments:

As bamf said, the specific point trading system you are asking for (with user-defined points) does not work, it's only team ratings and the match result that defines the change in ratings.

Teams with only one player are not allowed in league matches. Period. Only 2-2 and 3-3 matches are allowed, even if you consider point trading and all. Which brings me to my next point...

As for the moral side of the story:

Point trading, and playing for another team might not technically be prohibited by the information online (due to flaws in the documentation), but (specifically playing for a team you are not on) is not supported by neither the league as a whole or the league admins. [1]

I will ask that the rules are finally clarified on the web site.

Dave

[1] http://bzflag.org/league/index.php?link ... readid=512&
Challenge yourself, recruit Fortix tanks

Live BZFlag stats

Tomatoes rule!
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

i really don't think that teams want to contract you to lose for them now ;)
The Dark Samurai
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hey if Chestal will allow my idea then i am going to go ahead with it. So there. oh and DB i won't lose so thats not a problem.
I accept my way of life and so should you!!! if can't well F**K off and just deal with it!!!!
Chestal
Dev Guru
Dev Guru

Post by Chestal »

Something like this is not allowed in the league. I want to have real teams, where a team should have a more or less stable set of players. Players can change teams of course, but not every week or on every match. This idea is just a variation of this.

It would also be possible to make a single player CTF league with team matches, i.e. for every match the players form an ad-hoc team. This is an older idea, but it would not integrate with the current team based league at all, but would be independent. But I don't think there is enough activity to make more leagues.