keyboard freeze bug?

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Comrade Lenina
Private
Private

keyboard freeze bug?

Post by Comrade Lenina »

I'm not sure if this is an environmental or bzflag based problem, but sometimes when I am playing, the keyboard will freeze. Meaning, I can't jump pressing tab, or move using the keyboard, and stuff like that.

I end up having to kill bzflag from the commandline terminal on another getty. Its then I see, all my inputs to the keyboard had been redirected to the xterm commandline which I launched bzflag from!

Usually this happens when the hour changes, and thus the sky does, or when gaim sends me a new mail notification, and it pops up, its quite annoying, actually.
poxy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by poxy »

Try hitting alt-tab...
Sounds like another window has stolen focus
Memnarch
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Memnarch »

I know what your problem is, this happens to me a lot. If you are playing BZFlag, and something hapens on the desktop, all keyboard actions will go to the desktop and leave your BZFlag stranded. In other words, the focus of the keys you press will be directed at the desktop, that is why it happens when gaim pops up with a new message, because something just ocurred at the desktop. As for fixing it.... I usually kill! :twisted: