What's the objective of the game?

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
line_of_sight
Private
Private

What's the objective of the game?

Post by line_of_sight »

Hi,
I would like to know what the objective of this game is, how does a player win in this game? Is there any documentation on this?

Thanks.
Lan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lan »

The objective is simply to shoot other tanks as much as possible, and get killed yourself as little as possible. One bullet kills a tank (including yours), so take that as a good thing and a bad thing :) There is no win or lose, except when the server sets a score or countdown, in which when a player reaches the score or the countdown is over, that player wins.

The game is pretty self explanatory, I have a hunch you probably haven't tried it yet :)
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

BZFlag is a multiplayer internet based game meaning that you are playing with REAL oppenents and i think i'll stop there and let lan finish it up :)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

In CTF, the object is the capture the enemies flags by grabbing them and taking them back to your base. You also need to defend your team's flag. Just make sure not to kill teammates.

In FFA, the object is to kill the tanks of enemy teams as much as possible, while avoid death as much as possible. Unless you are a Rogue, be careful not to shoot teammates.

In Rabbit chase, the object is to kill the white tank (the rabbit). All the other tanks are hunters, and you don't shoot them unless you are the rabbit. There are three methods of becoming the rabbit, depending on how the server is configured. One method makes whoever killed the last rabbit the new rabbit. Another method is making the rabbit the person with the highest kill/death ratio. The third way is random.

In all modes, white flags are known as superflags. They can either help you, or hurt you. Many of them can be used to your advantage. Don't be afraid to drop a flag if it will provide a negative advantage in a certain situation (like machine gun against a tank at long range).

This game is easy to learn, but hard to master. Hope you enjoy it! ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

[dmp]
Captain
Captain

Post by [dmp] »

Inside bzflag, there is a help menu. It might give you the info you need to get startet.

When playing, 'f' will toggle flag-names+small description. That is usefull too, if you are new to the game.
I don't need huge pictures here.
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

The purpose of this game is to learn to die. It's more fun to make everyone else learn the same.
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
line_of_sight
Private
Private

Post by line_of_sight »

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

I have now read the Help section in the main menu and things are crystal clear to me.

See ya.