User-selectable aiming sights??

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Spaceman Spiff

User-selectable aiming sights??

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Just a thought... is there any way to put in a user option for the HUD's. I personally like the e6 aiming sight a ton more than the one in g0 .... and it's caused me to put off upgrading for quite a while now. Is this at all possible? Thanks! :)
Last edited by Spaceman Spiff on Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
purple_cow
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by purple_cow »

Just a question, but how are they different? g0 added the capability to switch the look a little at opacity=100% (which also turns on a lot of rendering optimizations needed for software-rendering), but the transparent HUD should be the same.
Spaceman Spiff

Hmm

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Sorry, I had my names confused!! LoL. I'm talkin' about the two squares in the center.. the on you aim through and the one outside of it. Hehe.. I'll change the topic name. :)
KnightMare

Post by KnightMare »

Sure, ya got Visual c++ ?

Or would that be considered a hack?
Spaceman Spiff

Hehe

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Nope. :( I would really like for it to be a customizable thing in the game though. Maybe I'm the only one who likes the old aiming sights. :?
MrApathyCream
Dev Wizard
Dev Wizard

Re: Hehe

Post by MrApathyCream »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Nope. :( I would really like for it to be a customizable thing in the game though. Maybe I'm the only one who likes the old aiming sights. :?
Your talking about the maxmovement and no movement boxes, no?

Is there anything different about them, other than size?
Spaceman Spiff

Yep

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Yep.. right on Apathy. :) I liked the size better. I'll just have to adjust I guess. :)

Oh, and the altitude reader thingy.... I know that most people don't use it, but I like the idea of being able to tell exactly how high up I am. Ick had a patch that allowed him to see altitudes up to 1000 or something.. that could be a cool extra. :)

On a side note, is there some reason that I connect to servers a LOT faster with e6? It usually takes me .5 seconds or so to connect to my map testing BAT file with e6... but about 2-3 seconds with g0.