I'm really gone for good now bye guys.... :cry:

Important stuff goes here.
legoatmsk

I'm really gone for good now bye guys.... :cry:

Post by legoatmsk »

One of my friends told me to download an RPG game and when it happned i got 486 contaminated files with viruses. And i'm using a different computer. But i'm banned from the computer for oh i derasay 6 months. This is the last message u will ever here from me for a while. Bye... oh and brad since i will most likely never be on again please accept my apolgies and scorch, viper, memarch, poxy, and the red baron dude on ducati. :cry: good bye world i once new. I still have the screenshots i took so i will remember. don't try and email me i have a new account i will never get your message. Don't tell ludacris i will tell him myself personally..... So this is my farewell. Once again good bye.... :cry: :(
Memnarch
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Memnarch »

How ironic..... Anyway, good luck with the viruses, maybe u should buy a new hard drive... Anyway, I don't know what you are appologizing for, unless it is for being a nitwit. ;) Anyway, cya
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

goodbye legoatmsk :cry: :cry: :cry: . why wont you come back in 6months?
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Wouldn't investing in a piece of $60 virus scanning software be less-hurting than being banned from a computer for six months?
PrezKennedy
Private
Private

Post by PrezKennedy »

Please tell me I'm not the only person who was thinking "dramaqueen" while reading this. :?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

it's a common thing for the 14 year old crowd who dosn't read the board rules.

It's a message board.... if you can't/ don't want to post for a while,.... then don't. It's not a life shattering comunity breakup... You'll live.
ImageJeffM
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

PL, where else can he say his good buys? He said he was leaving BZFlag forever. Some of us will miss him.
brad2901
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by brad2901 »

Some of us will miss and some of us just don't care (PL for instance)

I'm sure there is another way of communicating...
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

it's a game, noone leaves "forever".

I know it seems tramatic when your a kid, but trust me life goes on, and you'll be back in a month or 2 when it's all straigtend out.

I'm not trying to belittle his statements, but it does come off as being very much a dramma queen thing..
ImageJeffM
rr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rr »

Free AntiVirus scanners:

http://www.free-av.com/
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

All of you squares reading this message who aren't using some type of anti-virus program had better take notice and download one post-haste.
Memnarch
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Memnarch »

HA! You poor people with your virus problems. This is one of the many god things about Linux. No viruses! At least for the moment, anyway...
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I use the Free avast! 4 Home Edition, and it works good. It can even monitor some P2P apps and messenger clients.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

virus... root kit, every OS has it's issues.
ImageJeffM
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

PL, imagine if you were a young person, and you download some software without your parents knowing and it got a virus on your computer. would they like that? i don't think so!
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

no they woudn't, but its' kinda thier own fault for not protecting the computer in the first place, or training the kid in what to do. They are responsible for the child and his/her actions.

but it all comes down to the fact that it's not the end of the world. It'll blow over in a while and he'll be able to come back. end of story. It's not like he's being moved to some country where there is no internet and never will be.
ImageJeffM
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

If he was my kid, I'd box him up and ship him one-way to a country where there's no Internet access.

jk :)
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
ping
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ping »

Seems a little extreme seeing that it is only a matter of time before the parents download a virus or receive one in email that toasts (no pun intended) their computer. This is the equivelent of saying that if you get hurt in a car accident you'll be grounded but not providing an air bag or seat belts.

I speak as a father of 3 little rug rats 13, 8, and 7 that all have computers on our home LAN and are always downloading crap. Fortunately, I've taken the proper measures and the antivirus/spyware system (trend) is automatically updated on an hourly basis.

As for those that are comfortable with the ole' Linux can't be bothered with viruses. *chuckle* wanna bet? EVERYTHING IS VUNERABLE. As a matter of fact, this very forum is at risk. It is running an earlier version of phpBB that as of December 2004 has a hole you can drive a truck through. It should be updated ASAP.

Link to article describing phpBB hack: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6742668/
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

The problem with upgrading is you have to re-install all of the mods you put in your old board. Trust me. I decided to make my entire board 'Members Only' because I installed 15+ hacks that I didn't want to re-install. Who in their right mind would infect THIS innocent board?

Viruses are bad. Very bad. Get ant-virus protection now, because if you don't have it, you'll end up like me.
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

stick around rpg, there are alot of people with venom in there neurological system.

Believe me, i've seen it happen, at this forum, at the old forum, at the league forum... you name it.

You guys should be more appreciative for what the admins go through here. they take the time to upgrade and re-install the mods. so the community can expand.

And unlike us users, who can discriminate between what wey read, and what we don't read. They have to read all the post, to insure that every one is within the guidlines. So the more you post nonsense, and useless, uneeded information, and 2 word sentences, the more work you put on the admins. and that work takes time. and time away from their work, from their wife, their children, from developing bzflag, from upgrading this board to make you safer... the list is endless.

That is why so many of you have come under some flak, and earned the probationary status.

lets be considerate.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
Memnarch
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Memnarch »

I thought it was certain admins have responsibilities to certain forums, like this guy in General Discussion, this other guy in Maps. The Moderators. So certain admin only has to look at all the files in one certain forum. That significantly reduces difficulties, makes it more easy, bla bla bla. No, I am not incouraging users to be stupid, and neither am I trying to invoke anybody's wrath. I am merely stating my opinion that the admins don't have it as hard as thought. Besides, they chose to do this, and personally, I thank them for their hard work in making this usefull forum. So, do not make the assumption, that you can post any idiotic thing, because it DOES make more problems for the admins, but don't assume, either, that the admins are some kind of chained up slaves that are doomed to moderate the forums for the rest of their lives. They picked this, and they enjoy it, and they can quit whenever they want to (please don't quit! :) )

-Memnarch

P.S.: Sorry for going off topic, but I had opinions brewing inside me, and I was compelled to speak.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

we don't realy do per forum moderators. there are some admins, they read what they want. Generaly the trafic is so low that it's not a big deal for 1 person to handle the day to day munchkin management ( usualy me ).
ImageJeffM