All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
romfis-austria
Private First Class
Private First Class

Server Report!

Post by romfis-austria »

HI

see!

not good, list the points on stats.org !!!
the server is:68.231.151.68:5156!

mfg.
romfis
Last edited by romfis-austria on Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

wow, thats one crraaaaaazy laser. 8)
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

That third picture is INSANE! I should check out that server sometime.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."
Durandal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Durandal »

:shock: THats a huge SW
God Of Hardware
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

stupid bot boosters, he's using his bots too boost his server! bot's shhouldn't display in server stats.
Memnarch
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Memnarch »

Hmm, romfis posted this to complain, hoping that someone would do something. Sorry to to say, romfis, that there is nothing wrong with that server. The owner can do whatever he wants to to his server.
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

I'm sorry but that's not true Memnarch, its like hacking the list server. I mean c'mon, I s'pose its ok if he messes up using any skill in BZ, but not just put it on the top of the list.
Memnarch
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Memnarch »

What mean, Scorch, is that the hack that alllows the long bullet range and discharge, and everything else that romfis was complaining about is perfectly allowed. The server's owner has every right to run that server how he pleases. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that it is "not allowed", in fact, every thing that is considered "not allowed" depends solely on the server owner. If the server owner decides that he wants to allow cheating on his server, then there is nothing wrong with cheating on THAT server. If the server owner decides he wants a server with huge SW, long term lasers, 100 bullets before reload, then it is perfectly acceptable on THAT server! Every single thing that you consider "wrong", "ileagl", "of low morality", all those are set by the server owner. You don't get to decide whether anything is "right or wrong", only the server owner gets that decision, and once that decision is made, whatever he sais, goes, on THAT server. I rest my case.

-Memnarch
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

Memnarch, scorch is referring to using bots on a server to increase its status on the list server.

I don't like to play on a server with any bots, especially those with a swarm of them. However, they are permissible if the server own wants them, and the fact that it makes his server appear on top of the list is a flaw in the bzflag listserver/server/client setup that should be corrected.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

stupid bot boosters, he's using his bots too boost his server! bot's shhouldn't display in server stats.
If I'm not mistaken there are like 4 bot observers at your server all the time :)
Memnarch
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Memnarch »

Hmmm, I think he cut it down to two. :P
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

Yes two. one of them is me and the other is an invisible unkickable -ui stdout -hide kill for quick logging purposes. and they are not bots! they are on bzadmin.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Somebody should make a fix that doesn't count bots as 'players', but instead lists the number of bots up where the server stats are displayed on the server list. Is that easily possible?
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

yeah, but then that would mess up the players left.
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

RPG wrote:Somebody should make a fix that doesn't count bots as 'players', but instead lists the number of bots up where the server stats are displayed on the server list. Is that easily possible?
That's not really practical with the existing code, and probably never. As long as the client is open source, there's nothing to prevent someone from hacking it into a bot. Without the server being able to detect it.
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."