One million users yet there's nobody on

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Xtra
Private
Private

One million users yet there's nobody on

Post by Xtra »

It's strange that there have been over 1 million BZFlag downloads most of the time less than 50 people are playing, often less than that.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Well I'm 6 of those downloads. Three computers, and on one three hard-drive wipes. Also, many people play once and don't become regulars, because they aren't good and are mad at the game for their misfourtune. Many others just don't become addicted like us. :D
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

Puny how would you know? you can only get to the bad servers anyway.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

haha right! Secreplace is always jammed.
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

http://list.bzflag.org/bzflag.html

There haven't been any less than 50 players on at any time for more than a year, except for a few brief periods when the list server was down, and the average is over 100. Xtra, when you make a blanket statement like that, back it up with some facts, eh?

Also note that the 1-million number is total downloads (over the last 4 or 5 years), not total users. People who upgrade every version will have downloaded about two a year. Not counting people who reinstall, reformat, etc.
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

DTRemenak wrote:Also note that the 1-million number is total downloads (over the last 4 or 5 years), not total users. People who upgrade every version will have downloaded about two a year. Not counting people who reinstall, reformat, etc.
Yeah, and if you're one of the idiots like me that try to keep up with the build releases.... :shock:
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

the beta downloads are not from sourceforge so they are not part of the 1million number.
ImageJeffM