I'm having trouble dieing.

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Agent Pyke
Private First Class
Private First Class

I'm having trouble dieing.

Post by Agent Pyke »

Ya, that's what I said. I had thsi happen twice today. I was ont wo different servers. I was at close range and someone was shooting at me with a GM. I didn't die. Afterwards, i of course killed them. Then the first time this happened, I picked up a thief and could nto see a thief come out but it would come out because I stole a ST. The second time the otehr man had Thief and I didn't see his thief come out btu he stole my SR and shot me tehe xact same time. So, each time I didn't die and didn't see a thief afterwards. (Once I died I could see thief fine.)

Is this a freaking wierd bug or what? What is wrong?
Soraya
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soraya »

I think you might have a lag problem. that's what it seems like to me. If this happens again type /lagstats and see what your lag is. :?
I am a leaf on the wind.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

...perhaps he's "The Chosen One"

:shock:

Try playing on a high powered server whre's its a death fest and see if your immortality stops there.
...This has been a recording.
Agent Pyke
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Agent Pyke »

I kno I don't have a lag problem. My lag is usually low. Like I said, only happened yesterday.
Soraya
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soraya »

:lurk: Maybe he is the chosen one... :P
I am a leaf on the wind.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

No, I'm the chosen one! That happend to me, I charged someone with a GM, and he hit me, but I didn't die! I killed him, and then checked lagstats, and my lag was 100-200. It didn't make much sense.
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

This was dealt with in another thread just recently. GM has a "minimum" range that is similar to the minimum arming range of a real gm. If you get within that range, the GM can't kill you.

Not seeing thief "shots" is a lag issue. That happens a bit at 150+ ms.
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
Soraya
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soraya »

hmmm, that's interesting. I didn't know you could get real close to some1 and not get killed by their gm... i'll remember that... :D
I am a leaf on the wind.
Agent Pyke
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Agent Pyke »

Me too! thanks for teh info!