team selection?

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Tankless
Private First Class
Private First Class

team selection?

Post by Tankless »

Ever join a game and find one colour with most of the tanks? If I was designing or hosting (beyond my skills) I would have the server assign the teams in a balanced fashion.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

That has been talked about, and will most likely be something that is worked on when we break protocol.
ImageJeffM
Spaceman Spiff

Problem

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

There is one small problem with that. What if the server decides to arbitrate and puts four or five good players on one team???? That would be terrible... LoL. And, it would make the game even more difficult than if it just let players join where they want.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

it was disucssed as a server option, also we talked about ways to let a player swap teams mid game.

unforntonaly the server dosnt' realy know how "GOOD" a player is. but on some servers it may be good to implement. Tho if a player registration server was added, then perhaps that could be used to help determine the team mix, but that's a seperate issue.

on true free for all servers I would like to see the removal of "teams", and just use it as a way to handle color, don't peanlise people for killing people of the same color and remve genoside, ect... Having the team based fucntions only seems to make sense in team based games.
ImageJeffM
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

I don't know about that. Sometimes it is nice to have a team FFA game.

widowmaker

P.S. I like genocide when there are lots of players on a team. lol :)