Death Spasm

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
wiz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Death Spasm

Post by wiz »

I compiled from CVS last night and when I tested it before work this morning I almost lost my breakfast from vertigo when my tank got shot and exploded. There was more spinning and bouncing going on than Michael Jackson's head at a juniors gymnastics meet.

If the intent is to give you a more realistic experience of being inside an exploding tank, I don't think this does it. Besides losing the view of the tanks in front of you ("he got me, but did I get him too"), the motion defies the laws of physics. My view jerked downward, then back upward and back and forth several times. At least the rolling motion should stay the same throughout the crash.

What might work better is a quick upward jerk (10 degrees?) followed by a "gentle" rotating slide into the dirt that encompasses only about 45 degrees of rotation during the time it takes you to hit the ground. Still lets you see in front of you while making it more obvious that you got shot.

If it makes a difference, I built on WinXP using MinGW/MSYS and I think it was revision 2.6 of Player.cxx that I had (not positive, since I grabbed the CVS only 3 minutes after that revision was committed).

I don't know that this is a "bug" per se, but this seemed the best place to post it.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

the new death camera has been disabled in CVS. be changed to be less "spinny", and there will be an option to use the "old" way of dying.
ImageJeffM