Calaborator project

General talk about the map making process.
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Calaborator project

Post by BIYA »

Should we wait for dutchrai to finish whatever he is doing.. or sha'll I just go ahead and host a 2.0 Callaborator project? We have decided that we need a few good people to make decent objects some. Also the map is going to be half 1.0 and half 2.0. So far I think louman and landshark should join but its up to them to decide. Ill join in to and make some stuff. If you dont know what the Callaborator project is then tell me.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Hmmmm.....I'd like to wait, but it's up to you. It's obvious who the four would be....
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

who?
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Half 1.0 half 2.0???? This I HAVE to see!
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

It would be LouMan, the guy who made Rain'n Frogs, Biya, and Legoguy :(
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

and LandShark who made Rain'nFrogs
LouMan
Chief Sgt. of Cartography

Collaborator Project

Post by LouMan »

Please let me know more about the collaborator project - I've not heard of this.

I would be willing to work on 2.0 objects (meshes) as time permits. I would leave any map layout tasks to others - I'm a bit burnt out on that part of making maps. I would also be willing to make evaulations of any work in progress, if my opinion would mean anything :wink:

Tell me what kind of objects you might be looking for (including sizes, textures, etc. and I'll let you know if I'll be able to help. Keep in mind that complex meshes very quickly add size to bzw files :cry:
LouMan

Collaborator Project

Post by LouMan »

BTW - thanks for the consideration - I am honored. Also, you may want to consider Army of One on the team - he has put together some good stuff...
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

does anyone have the link to the callaborator project? I dont. But what I know of louman is that its a map that is split into 4 corners one corner for each mapper. Each mapper takes his\her turn to fill that corner up with a map. It cant cross into the other mappers corner. But, I was thinking to do just like you did to the overload map. Put your Caverns map on the bottom then make layers of maps we have made :). Splits the layers for 4 or even more mappers now that will be a huge file.
LouMan

Post by LouMan »

Thanks - but the Overlord map is not mine (Dutchrai's?). Any information/links about the collaborator project would be appreciated :)
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

It's like this Louman, mapper1 gets X+ Y+ corner of the map to make his part, but he can't cross into X- Y+ or another corner.

(Ya Dutchrai made OverLord, SIGH* COME BACK DUTCHRAI :()
Landshark
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Landshark »

ducatiwannabe wrote:It's like this Louman, mapper1 gets X+ Y+ corner of the map to make his part, but he can't cross into X- Y+ or another corner.
So does this mean I can make my quarter of the map a frame-rate killing, tank exploding, resource hogging, eye straining, Alice in Wonderland meets The Twilight Zone monstrosity? :wink: OK...maybe I'm too critical of my own work.