resolver problems on linux FC3 - fix attached

News and info about current and upcoming releases of the game client and server.
grc
Private First Class
Private First Class

resolver problems on linux FC3 - fix attached

Post by grc »

Compiling on FC3 the call to gethostbyname() in net/Address.cxx is returning NULL - I suspect this is due it being non-rentrant (and now obsolete). Applying the attached patch fixes it for me - I am sure there are better cleaner etc ways but it does make it work.

Sympton without this fix is no message of the day, and messages on screen about host lookup failure for my.bzflag.org/db.

Kind Regards,

g/
Attachments
Address.cxx.txt
(1.12 KiB) Downloaded 642 times
Fox_3
Private
Private

Post by Fox_3 »

Thanks QQQ. This really did the job for me too. Whitout the patch I couldn't find a single game or even connect to a server I already knew. With it everything seems to be working flawlessly. :D

I'm quite new with Linux thou and had to apply the patch manually as I was only able to produce a .rej file with the patch utility :oops:
grc
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by grc »

Yes without it I cannot connect to any server at all - glad it helped you too!
I hope the developers take the patch or make a nicer version of it.

regards,

g
grc
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by grc »

This is still a problem with current cvs - as of 5/6/2005.

Should I come up with an alternate fix?

g
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

In general, patches here are not reviewed. Please post your patch (in diff -u format please) and an explanation of the problem it fixes and why it is the correct solution at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=303248 so it can be reviewed by the correct person.
grc
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by grc »

Ok thanks for advice - submitted here as suggested

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=303248

-g-
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Patch

Post by Ice Wewe »

Thanks QQQ,

I had that problem too, I solved mine by putting the list server's IP addr in .bzf/2.0/config.cfg and that solved the list and Global login problems, but not the message of the day (which may I note, hasn't been changed in a LOOONNNNGGGGG time) I solved my problem by migrating to Mandriva, there my sound actually works! Now the only problem is the stupid nVidia driver wont install... which makes it kind of hard to play without 3D accleration. But overall, Mandriva is nice, I reccomend it to anyone (download it from HEAnet, I got 330KB/s from their server! :shock: ) :D