"Oops" in place of apology...

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

Lighten up :) I was simply replying to your sarcasm with more of the same :)
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

torture2m wrote:Looks like I might be guilty here... (esp. of being a nOOb.) I usually msg 'oops' if I turn into a teammates' fire or don't jump out of the way in time. I prefer to say 'sry' when I lose focus and shoot causing a tk.

Receiving 'oops', 'sry', 'dang', etc. is fine with me and preferred over silence.
you're arn't guilty yet. No verdict has been passed of whether or not it is wrong to say "oops" nor do I see one being passed
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
Lan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lan »

No, not at all. "Oops" being wrong or not is just opinion that varies from person to person, hence there is no and never will be a "verdict."
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

Dervish wrote:toaster, where'd you find the "Murphy Laws of Armed Conflict"? Those must be a riot. :)
Oh, I've had them for many years (about 30). I can post if I can figure out where I put them. :)
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

I'm sure Chat would work. Go ahead, those are hilarious, and if you have served in the army, it makes it all the more amusing!
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

CannonBallGuy wrote:DTR: I know. I was just messing.

Why does everyone take everything so seriously? Why must everyone nit-pick?
Who cares?
Surely we are all just muddling along throught this life... Why get in each other's way? :P

well, cannonball, the fact of the matter is................some people think they are always right, in all situations. much like me. I am always right. I have never been wrong. In fact, I am right so often, I have had to stop playing the lottery because I am beginning to raise flags with the authorities. So, when I tk you in a game, its your fault. As such, you should apologize to me. I try to help that along by saying "sry" or "oops" so that you will realize your mistake and take ownership. Unfortuneately, not everybody does. Now I know my opinion is right because, I am always right. I live in the right place and drive the right car and live with the right dogs. What we really need to do in this loose affiliation of people is just have everybody listen and follow me. I will tell you what is right and what is wrong. :roll:

so with that said. "oops" is right. "sry" is right. saying nothing is right.

now, all this decision making is causing a strain on my finances. so, if you would like to help me continue to make decisions for you.............which is the right thing to do.............trust me I know.............I am setting up a PayPal account for you to contribute. which you should do, because that is the right thing to do. 8)

oh yeah, and DTR is the devil. :twisted: :rock:
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
torture2m
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by torture2m »

Dervish wrote:
...there is a difference in my world of definitions between 'newbie' and 'noob'. The latter is a type of person that is perma-stuck in newbie mode (ie: too prideful to learn anything, or just too naive).
Well then, I was definitely speaking of the former (ah-hem).
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Grumble... hehehehhaahahahahaha roflol. What nifty sarcasm. ;) hahaha. You should right a blog. :)
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

Grumbler wrote:
oh yeah, and DTR is the devil. :twisted: :rock:
that he is. Evil man defileing the sacred radar...
Lan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lan »

Paypal is a poor choice because I hear they do not provide outgoing support and have endured many "scandals" in the past regarding fairness and other suprises. But then again, I haven't really dealt with them, but I have verified that it is a little difficult to find their physical or local contact information through their webpage, which is where the average customer would expect it.

Post by Guest »

/me wonders what Paypal has to do with the lousy bums that don't aplogise for tk'ing.
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Yup, I agree. /me thinks Lan posted this in the wrong thread? :?
Lan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lan »

"I am setting up a PayPal account for you to contribute. which you should do, because that is the right thing to do." -- Grumbler, Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:36 am (third response above this one) ;)
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

What Grumbler said was a joke, Lan.
Lan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lan »

I knew he was kidding around :)
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

personally i would accept an "oops" if i was tk'ed . depends alot on who the teammate is ...but normally i wouldn't view it as flippant or facetious remark .
i sometimes type "oops" when i accidently tk . usually an "oops" followed by a "sry" .

to mee , "oops" denotes what some1 says when they make an accident . it's a reaction to a mistake or error... (at least they acknowledge it as such)

even in a game , whether it's a alil "oops" "whoops" "dang" ect. , communication is important . because silence raises doubts ...esp. from some1 u don't know well . so it's better than nothing .
again , it all depends on who shot u ... the situation it happened in , and the attitudes , of both players .
if it's some1 i see an play often with , and know they are usually very careful , i really don't expect or ask for an apology because i know accidents happen , even by the best of players .

Post by Guest »

RC cola wrote:accidents happen , especially by the best of players .
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

I don't really care what someone says when I'm TKd, as long as it was an accident.
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Yes, I agree, Cannon Ball Guy.

I've made some nasty blunders recently, lol. Let me spin a true tale of one in particular...

Hunt the Rabbit.

I was hunting a ST rabbit on a map with multiple-levels of underground tunnels. It took more than a casual glance to determine what level a tank was currently on by radar alone.

Only 4 of us on the server at the time, so that makes me, the rabbit, and 2 teammates.

One teammate calls out, "He's right under me!".

The teammate appears to be above me, visible by radar, and I check to make sure the name matches. Ahh! I see the ST tank! It's not facing me, good. It's just a little below me, right under my teammate.

I fire a few well-placed shots. The ST tank quickly dodges. I launch myself into a ricochet frenzy and go postal on the ST tank. Finally, I got it!

Wait... that tank wasn't white... it was yellow. Oh..... cruuuuud.

It turns out my teammate also had ST and I got confused as to which teammate said "he's right under me".

I tried my best to appologize to my teammate, saying things like I'm so sorry and I'm so stupid. And I explained why I goofed. But the poor teammate said little more than, "right in front of you, I am YELLOW!".

Sometimes it's quite easy to get confused and run off of adrenaline without thinking first. It reminds me of Worf in Star Trek: TNG series... on the holodeck he can't switch back into peace-mode after cutting through multiple enemies and almost, quite accidently, turns on Commander Riker. Only after some strong shouting by Riker does Worf "snap out of it". :)