bzgirl's one shot server

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

bzgirl's one shot server

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

now thats a fun setup with a fine connection. i had alot of fun there, thanks for this new offering in game style. i hope it gets more people there.
that was me last night there as "_-otto-_" btw.

:twisted: sm :twisted:
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

clarify

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

not thats its a totally new setup, i just like those one shot servers :)
[dmp]
Captain
Captain

Problem

Post by [dmp] »

I normally dont play ffa or servers with flags (except ctf/teamflags).. But at this server I experience that sometimes my client ignores that i pick up a flag. The result: Flag disappear from the field, other players see me with the flag, but as my client didnt notice it, i cannot use it at all :-\

Sometimes this problem starts when i connect to the server, other times i can play for 5-10 mins.. and then can't pick up flags. I can rejoin and it fixes the problem for some time.

I tried to reset flags (with the permission of the players) it helped. I could play for whole 15 mins without this problem. But it didnt fix it.

I'm running the latest CVS version on windows. I had the problem once at bamf.s server as well.

But otherwise, the 1shot ffa server is fun, even if i suck at it :)
I don't need huge pictures here.
orchid
Dev Godess
Dev Godess

Post by orchid »

m0nkey glad you like it

right now i am trying to settle on a map, or perhaps rotate maps like jzuan used to do, but i havent been able to figure out how to do this (I run each map from a bash script)

The 2 most popular maps seems to be eaglenest and megadome, although to day I ran an 8 vs 8 red/green 1 shot ctf game3 which was fun.

anyhow, here are the maps I have downloaded...

eaglenest
king of the castle
madcity
OK Corral
gatefive

If there is one you really like (remember it will be one shot, 2 at the most cos of bandwidth) let me know and i will download and run it.

[dmp] someone else had that problem also, the server version is cvs not the current release, so that might be part of it, im not sure.

I want to keep with the cvs version as It allows me to use the swearing filter.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I agree with m0nkey... the server rocks! :)

Ack! Pleeeeeeeeease don't make it a rotating server! :) Rotating servers are okay... but I sort of like a longer game (and will like it even more when I'm on broadband). Anywayz... I like all of those maps.

If you ever want a cool CTF map, I have a previously un-released one (only Dutchrai has seen it) that is pretty cool. :)
michaelh20
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by michaelh20 »

One shot can work, but it works less well I think on certain maps and with jumping enabled. at least imho
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Rock on bzgirl! You've been running my favorite server config!!!

MAJOR KUDOS! Thanks for keeping this server up and take care. :D
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
orchid
Dev Godess
Dev Godess

Post by orchid »

tnx Dervish :)

Spiff can you email me that map?

also, i remember a map that was like a maze, like you know those maze gardens some city parks have? the walls on the maze were not that high, most of the map was like this and then over one side was a bunch of high floating platforms and on the other side was maybe one skinny tower with a littly cubby hole in it... i know i know....worst ever map description..

does anyone remember this map or know the author/name of it?
Merry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hey!

Post by Merry »

Hey! I really like it to bzgirl. You are a talented person, and all u admins. Could one of you..uh..help me make a map? Bye! ~Merry