LegoLand Released

User made maps to use on servers.
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

The map is very cool, but my client always gives DNS resolution errors with textures hosted by trepan. This isn't a problem for me as I dig the url and put the ip in the hosts list, but anyone know why I have to do this?
LouMan
Chief Sgt. of Cartography

Revision 1 of LegoLand

Post by LouMan »

Attached is revision 1 of LegoLand. Changes:

1) Fewer WG's (2 instead of 6).
2) Shot limit on GM's.
3) Lego 'piles' scattered in map (see screenshot).

This map is currently running on louman.homelinux.net:5154, but as usual I am looking for someone to host it on a better connection ;)
Attachments
LegoLandR1.zip
bzw file
(55.53 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Lego Pile.jpg
Screenshot
(148.3 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Wow, that pile of legos really does add to the already wow-ness of the map! :shock:
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

Can I take the new revision of your map, add the bases for ctf that you made up for me, incorporate my slight changes in flag count and shot counts in order to get lego pyles in my ctf too?
'Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope'

-Aristotle-
LouMan

Post by LouMan »

Absolutely - that's why I post my maps. Thanks! :)
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

Can I shortcut this by just taking everything from Define Legopile to Enddef and pasting it into the old map? I wont be missing a texture or anything?

That and the group legopiles too.
'Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope'

-Aristotle-
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

Ooops... Needed to add the new materials too :oops:

Edit... Done :)

-Aristotle-
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

spldart wrote: 2) Would you mind a change to something like a 2v2 or 3v3 CTF version?
4) Would you pretty please make the two bases on the outermost two checkered raised squares? :) If not I can do it :lol-old:

weird i had that sme idea(before your post)
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

me1 wrote:
spldart wrote: 2) Would you mind a change to something like a 2v2 or 3v3 CTF version?
4) Would you pretty please make the two bases on the outermost two checkered raised squares? :) If not I can do it :lol-old:

And a good idea we had too 8)

-Aristotle-
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

spldart wrote:
me1 wrote:

And a good idea we had too 8)
yeah we did, though nither of us knew it was "we" until now :D
LouMan

LegoLand Revision 2

Post by LouMan »

Attached is Revision 2 of the LegoLand map. The only change from Revision 1 is moving Lego conveyors along the outside edges of the map (similar to Columns and Rivers, if anyone remembers that one :wink: ) See screenshot for visual, but is best seen in motion on louman.homelinux.net:5154. Again, please feel free to host - I would very much enjoy seeing this hosted on a decent connection with more players possible.

This will most likely be the last revision of this map - I'll be moving on to a new map soon...
Attachments
LegoLandR2.zip
LegoLand Rev. 2 bzw file
(57.14 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
LegoConveyors.jpg
Screenshot
(167.64 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

I was thinking of making the outside walls carry you to the oppossite end of the map :lol-old:

-Aristotle-
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

I found a bug in the lego piles:
On a green and a blue 1x2 piece, the top texture is missing. The standard white concrete replaces it. Also, a red 1x1 piece has this same problem.
LouMan

Post by LouMan »

I have run across the same issue - the textures aren't missing, they weren't all downloaded. I am assuming you are running a windows client like me; I think it's a bug with the client.

I have found the following remedy for the time being:

If you are missing a few textures after downloading, go to the cache settings in the option menu and select "update downloads". This should download the missing textures (it works for me).

Sorry for the trouble. I have brought this up in the "bugs" portion of this forum as well.
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

Instead of using a different texture for different colors of brick, you could just have a single white texture set for each kind of brick. Use tint to color the brick.
LouMan

LegoLand Version 3

Post by LouMan »

Attached is revision 3 of the LegoLand map. After some advice from trepan and TD-Linux (thank you, BTW) I have managed to manipulate the .png and .bzw files so that there are not so many textures to download. The revised map now only requires 15 file downloads (used to be 91) and only 15k of data (used to be 162k). This should significantly speed up the join time for all players. :) Please visit louman.bzflag.bz:5156 for some shoot-em-up Lego action (thanks trepan!).
Attachments
LegoLandR3.zip
LegoLand Revision 3
(57.19 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

You may have already noticed LouMan but I just recently changed to legoland rabbit chase instead of CTF. It seems to be a popular move because I've been on first page listing at least 3 short times in the last 2 days... I was amazed to even find an occasional peep in observer cuz the team was full :shock: :D

I really need more bandwidth :(

-Aristotle-