server shot limit patch

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
michaelh20
Private First Class
Private First Class

server shot limit patch

Post by michaelh20 »

limit your shots allowed with -sl <id> <limit>
hence

"bzfs -sl GM 25" limits GM shots to 25.

Also you can limit shots with *any* flag including team flags (RE, GR, PU, BL -- I added these manually) :)

source forge patch

hmmm

Post by Guest »

nice idea.....would love to use it against the OO campers.........and i think i have played on servers with this patch.......it was a nice change.....
CobraA1
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by CobraA1 »

The only reason why OO campers exist is because for some illogical reason the owners of the servers aren't putting the superbullet (SB) and shockwave (SW) flags in :evil:. At LEAST superbullet would be nice.
-CobraA1

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

My avatar symbol © 2002 Jeremiah Moss. All rights reserved.
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

This is an issue that kernel panic probably deals with quite often about turkey.moongroup.

I admit that OO camping is probably a bit too prevalient now without any SW, SB, or SR flags. However, it is kernel panic's server and therefore his own decision. I'm sure we can all agree upon that.

I'd urge him to at least put SR flags back into the game to help tanks have a helpful flag against OO when going head to head. ST just doesn't cut it to hunt OO tanks who park until another tank gets close, especially on our current map (alien world). The ST tank usually gets taken out before it can have a few tries at the OO camper.

However, I personally detest SW and SB as these flags were really designed for single shot server configuration. Same goes with GM, but at least ST is a perfect flag against GM both for anti-lock and invisibility on radar. So I am happy without these two flags.

I know SR will give OO hunters a helpful hand without making OO campers so vulnerable. I think this flag is a good compromise. What do you think?
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

I agree with Dervish -- the prevalance of OO on turkey without a suitable anti-flag is strange. With the old modified madcity map, there were places you could lurk with ST to kill the OO dudes, but on this new map, it's extremely difficult (at least for my mediocre skills anyway), to snag 'em with their pants down.

So here's a vote for at least some SR flags (I personally wouldn't mind a couple SB and SW flags, as you can also take those folks out with a ST.

But, like you mentioned Derv, it's KP's box, so it's his call.

Peace

double yepper

Post by Guest »

kernal's server......and for me.....even with the campers......it still draws some of the best players.......probably because he drops the high laggers.......so i will continue to play, and release a little bit of frustration here and there......hahaha

but the number of shots being limiting the flag is nice.....and i would like to see used on more maps where certain flags hold unfair advantage....
orchid
Dev Godess
Dev Godess

Post by orchid »

I have set up the Ok Corral map with you patch, OO,GM & L are restricted to 4 shots each, last night people seemed to like it, it makes rapid fire, shockwave and machine gun really strong flags now!

You are given a countdown of shots left and the flag is immediately recycled, very nice!

try it and see what you think
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

If it's just an option, dosnt' have any effect if not used, and people like it. I say commit the sucker and get it in G2. It's not like it breaks anything.
ImageJeffM
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

bzgirl:

question: what happens if say you blast off three shots with OO, then jump back and just before entering the box/pyramid, etc, you light off a fourth? is there ever a condition where you get stuck in a building or pyramid as a result of the patch?

Just curious.

Peace
Fiber
orchid
Dev Godess
Dev Godess

Post by orchid »

Fiber: your either in the building and cannot fire the fourth, or your not in the building (sealed)

you cant fire the forth shot while sealed as far as i know.

I will try it and see anyhow :)
michaelh20
Private First Class
Private First Class

Yo.. it's been applied to CVS now

Post by michaelh20 »

Pat L/ aka. Jeff has applied to patch to CVS now......