Map Problems

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
Sir_Pants
Private First Class
Private First Class

Map Problems

Post by Sir_Pants »

Ok so i have 4 generals problems with a map i am working on, ill post a screenie and what the problem is here we go! haha

first problem
This mesh is being a problem on this end and other other, the other two sides are fine, im just not sure how to fix it

This is a jump that will launch a player up through a one-way floor it just seems that the only way to be launched properly is to jump onto instead of driving on it (its .01 units high). is there a way to set a timer for it?

How would i fix these two meshes so that they looked like normal bricks instead of all stretch?

included below is the map file
Attachments
PlanetMofoDualV.1.bzw
Version 1 (This map was meant for Planet Mofo) it is still in the testing stages
(17.1 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Last edited by Sir_Pants on Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MONKEYPANTS.COM
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

first prob, the boxes end in the exact same area, causeing the textures to colide too, i think, it's happend to me before that's the only reason i found.

3rd and 4th prob, i would like to know how to do this too. but i think it is impossibal to do this because on all the boxes the roof texture is also diagonal. then again louman did get the textures on his objects to be straight... i wonder how he did that...
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

1st problem is an overlapping problem. You will need to shorten one and make the other longer. So maybe shorten one side to 125 (if that's the size) and make the other one 175...
Sir_Pants
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sir_Pants »

the boxes actually dont end in the exact same area they are different lengths and only touch on the sides, i think may have been caused by me making them a meshbox so that players can drive from the boxes onto a mesh that is on that level
MONKEYPANTS.COM
LouMan
Chief Sgt. of Cartography
Chief Sgt. of Cartography

Post by LouMan »

Did you attach the correct .bzw file? When I run it, all of the sides appear to be ok, and the crosses are textured with brick instead of the teleporter material as shown in your screenie (see attached). I also did not see any sign of your jump pads.

By the way, I generally define my own meshes using the output of a 3D modeler as opposed to the "meshbox" or "box" functions. Doing so allows me to use UV mapping (shows up as texcoords in bzw files) to customize the alignment/size of textures per face/polygon. This takes a while to learn, and I don't use the software that is freely available (Wings, Blender). I do not know how to UV map in these particular modelers; I think that there are threads posted with information on this if you search for them. trepan knows quite a bit about these 3D modelers and might be able to get you started.
Attachments
SS1.jpg
(38.96 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
SS2.jpg
(59.54 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Sir_Pants
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sir_Pants »

oops sry that was a earlier version i will upload the new one as soon as possible
MONKEYPANTS.COM
Sir_Pants
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sir_Pants »

there the newest version has been put on sry about that
MONKEYPANTS.COM