The Story of Your Callsign

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
0_0_0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 0_0_0 »

mugwump84 wrote:for some reason I've always been mugwump.
I'm considering changing my callsign to The Vaxorcist. Whadda you think?
ROFL, I read that joke! :lol:
The Vet
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Vet »

At first, I was Flying Felix, which was my typical screenname for a lot of my internet haunts.

Being new, I got killed alot. However, one name always stuck out at me during this phase; High Karate Kitty.

So one day after getting shot by her for the 100th time, I wrote:

Me: "Cats shouldn't play with weapons."
HKK: "What's wrong with cats with guns?"
Me: "Neuter or spay your cats, Kitty."
HKK: :shock:

So the next time I signed on, I had the callsign "High Karate Kitty's Vet" and I was ready to get back at her for all those times she shot me.
But she wasn't on and people kept mistaking me for her.
SportChick and later Kitty told me I had to change it so she wouldn't feel the need to kick me from the server.

So I got it changed to "The Vet" and hunted BZ animals to inject them with strange substances. :twisted:
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Well, I used to know a cool bzflag player called bluedragon :) and we had the team called KoW in the CTF League (Knights of War). Since I wasn't ever really good at ducati, and everybody around me was doing awesome, I just was a wannabe and added that to my name. I used to be EEEEEEEK! Before that ;) but that was a stupid callsign so I just used ducatiwannabe...and everybody knew me and I didn't really want to change. I sometimes play as A Peregrine Falcon or use a random callsign :)
1badplayer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 1badplayer »

well.. it fits my style of play. i would like to say it was when i first started but i am still bad so, i will keep it.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

My first few games was played on servers full of people playing as "Bugs Bunny"
"George W. Bush"
"Bill Clinton"
"Oscar the Grouch"
"Optimus Prime"

...and a bunch of other likewise silly names, obviously copied from celebrities and such. Upon getting shot by "Britney Spears" and "the 6th Backstreet Boy" I decided that I too needed a similarly cheesy name. So I picked Darth Vader.

I've used this here "I Died Once" and a couple other names for years and years. Like, from before BZ Flag was a game. And I didn't want to have to play as that in an in game atmosphere. So I stuck with Vader.

Now, I did see someone playing as "goatse"

So, excuse me while I google goatse
...This has been a recording.
Schnowzer
Private
Private

Post by Schnowzer »

Dude, that guy was spamming like crazy on GU...
cookiecutter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cookiecutter »

I_Died_Once wrote:
So, excuse me while I google goatse
Don't if you value your eyes. I made that mistake once. :(

Wow, The Vet, I always thought you meant that you were HKK's "Veteran" not "Veterinarian" hehe.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Yeah I banned goatsie from Hills and no Radar because of his incessant spam and lack of a girlfriend to share his other thoughts with ;)

pervert :evil:
Schnowzer
Private
Private

Post by Schnowzer »

Schnowzer = dog!

My grandmother was watching Judge Judy and I saw a picture of a schnowzer!
It was so cute!

And so that's my name! 8)
Reverend_Lowdown
Private First Class
Private First Class

my callsign

Post by Reverend_Lowdown »

Everywhere i go, pimpi, mofo, hepcat... people allways complement be on my casllsign.
They say it is the coolest, and they are right. There was nothing to creating such a genius name like Reverend_Lowdown. Though i live in viena, i know that revenreds are currently all the hype in america( especially rapping reverends), and lucky me I am an actaul reverend in training. But i couln't just be a reverend alone, I had to be reverend something, but not soemthing....lowdown. And lowdown means that i am not like the other reverends, i can go pretty low ..like stealing from the church collection plate and spitting in the holy water. U don't want to come to my church, unless your crazy.

praise the lord.

Reverend_Lowdown
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

:slick:
Last edited by Green Manalishi on Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Psycho Chicken
Private First Class
Private First Class

Psycho Chicken

Post by The Psycho Chicken »

My callsign is stolen.

More than 20 years ago, I had met a guy who was called that name by his friends, because of the way he walked and acted (sometimes-, he was not severely "peculiar" or something...).

It follows some callsigns, which I had tried out but did not like to keep after a few games. Years ago, I was "Little European Green". But that was misunderstood as a political statement, though it was not meant to be. After a long pause, I started off again with "Peace Frog", which was also misunderstood as a political statement. It was not, but a song by The Doors. Nag nag nag... ;->

EDIT: I omitted the story of "Little European Green": Little Green is a song by Joni Mitchel, which I liked. Having played a lot on secret place, at that time and people went like "... what? Europe?" and "... what do you mean-, where I am from... the US, of course!" , I felt like adding information on my origin.
Last edited by The Psycho Chicken on Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

Ahh, we have a thief on our hands! :shock:

*picks ip phone, dials police and gives name and location:psycho chicken in central europe*
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Soraya
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soraya »

glassjaw wrote: anyway, about my nick.
I'm a person who quickly grows tired of names and stuff, so normally, I'd have to change my callsign every single week (and that's why i never really bothered looking for an original name ) ...
So when I started playing bzflag, I did change my nick frequently (also because of the constant teamkilling :wink: )
But one day, I actually reached a pretty nice score and got to know some other players in the meanwhile. I decided to stick to this name.
Exactly how i came to stay w/ my nick. I did end up changing it, but then when i tried to talk to the ppl i'd met they'd be like, "who the heck are you?" then i'd have to explain why i'd changed my nick, and they'd be like well that's stupid. So i just changed it back. :) And here i am.
I am a leaf on the wind.
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

Well, I am a huge LOTR fan, so you guys can guess why I picked it.
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

I've had a alot of callsigns, since I cant seem to keep somthing the same, I change my wallpaper almost every 3 days :)..

Anyway I got BIYA from when I was playing Socom online... I was the last one left and the guy was camping. I found a way to the back of him took my P-90, crouched, and fired a clip up his (you know what :)) hince BIYA= Bullets In Your (you know what)

Hope that isnt to bad since I couldnt say (you know what)..

My old callsigns were Jintei, Pimpology, (.)BIYA(.)Pimpology, (.)BIYA(.), Jintei is #1 yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, and BIYA in which wont change for along time unless I do somthing bad...
Lumberjack
Private
Private

Post by Lumberjack »

Here's my Callsign story.

Guitar, the american guitarists magazine, had Birthday and they invited Johann Bach of Skid Row, whole Guns n' Roses and Metallica, too.This event was caught on film and a friend of mine showed me the video. In the video, there was such a cool scene... Axl Rose (Vocalist of the Gunners) was very squiffy, and next to him there was James Hetfield, who is the singer of Metallica. Hetfield wore some clothes, which were typical for a lumberjack and axl found that pretty funny. So he called Hetfield a lumberjack. And I just thought : "Hell... This is Rock n' Roll!!" and I also thought " God bless you Axl Rose!" and so on, and so on... Ain't that cool mates?
So an So
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by So an So »

My first call sign was So & So... when 2.0.0 came out and i tried to register it I messed up somehow, and i couldn't register So & So :oops: Thus So an So was the obvious name to choose. As to why I chose So &/an So... In most games I call myself Israel something (Israel is my real first name) but than I get all kinds of "Where are you from" "I'm from Israel too!" and I have to explain that my real name is Israel, I am from the USA, and I am a christian not a jew.

Also I get a lot of racial comments from some people. So it was easier to just go with So an So.

Other names I've used, Israel_Allen, Chief Chair Developer (Chief Person in Charge of Developing the Oficial Bzflag Chair), and a few other random ones.

P.S. Is there a way to get So & So back? I like that better. :)
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

I have this great fascination with space (sort of), so a meteorite explains the rest. :)
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
quine
Private
Private

Post by quine »

I chose quine because it reflects my nerdiness. Quines are programs that output their own source code.
Sir_Pants
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sir_Pants »

Well my callsign as you can see is a lil weird, i one day caught my pants on fire when playing with some fireworks and the very next day i was playing bzflag and decided i should change my sn from Bobo (previous name....) to Sir_Pants and im fine with it
MONKEYPANTS.COM
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

My callsign used to be TD, waaay back when I got a hold of bzflag. It turned out to be a not-so-recent 1.x version, so I could use TD. When I decided that 3 FPS on my Linux computer with 1.x wasn't quite going to cut it, I loaded the newest BZFlag (2.0.2) onto my Windows machine. I soon found out that I couldn't use TD. I needed some way to differentiate between the two computers, as I sometimes would run a bot for fun on my old linux computer and play at the same server on my Windows machine. So, my bot computer got TD-Linux, and my Windows got TD-Windows. As you can imagine, I got a ton of grief with that [insert creative vocabulary here] Windows callsign, so I switched to TD-Linux. I never have bothered to change to a better callsign.

P.S. I compiled 2.0.2 for that old 600mhz linux box, mainly for bzfs, and tried playing it. Overlord gave me <1 FPS. :D
iwcylabumf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by iwcylabumf »

Mine's an acronym for 'i will crush you like a bug under my foot.' I used to play under that name in yahoo pool, but when I started bzflag I wasn't good enough to say that. I'm still not, actually.
The Vaxorcist
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Vaxorcist »

So I finally got it changed. took me a while to get up enough courage to pm an admin - just to find there's a field in the profile. :oops:

The name the vaxorcist comes from a story in the humor section at gnu.org. The story is extremely funny, I won't post a link though - it includes several vulgarities. Basically It's about a VAX that shoots reels of tape at operators and get's exorcised by the vaxorcist.
Where's Darwin when you need him?

Lagger@Everywhere
H0ley
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by H0ley »

I originally signed up as "The Passion of the Tank." When the filters were still up (I think) it said I wasnt allowed to have this screen name. I first started playing when that Mel Gibson movie came out. I soon started saying "The Passion of [insert word here]" quite often... I still do. When the filters came down, I got "The Passion of the Tank" name.

I was kinda forced to change my name because some players would get me confused with Vader's (I_died_once) map "Passion of the Free for all." Therefore I changed it to something close enough to my name: "The Holey Tank" Some people still call me "Passion" though. I really wanna switch it back but I might lose my adminship at planet mofo.
/loves meteorite's mom