"House-to-House" becomes "Rat City"

User made maps to use on servers.
Gerbil
Private First Class
Private First Class

"House-to-House" becomes "Rat City"

Post by Gerbil »

I've changed "House-to-House" to "Rat City".

Very simplified for lag issues, smaller world size possible now though I still like a little roomier world.

The idea here would be to make a "wings no radar" world but with "ambush points" for ground traveling tanks to be able to engage the wings as well as features that would entice wings to come down nearer to the earth at times. (limited to 100 flaps here).

So non-flying tanks can climb inside the skyscrapers to ambush Wings tanks. Most of the skyscraper walls are "shoothrough" so wings can fight back and ambush as well.

There is also a feature so that OO equipped tanks can "submarine attack" tanks on or near the ground--while still giving them some chance of fighting back.

So what you have are "layers of engagement". You can go for air, subsurface or in buildings to fight.

Many hidden doors and things. Plus there is a "water course" for surface tanks to pop in and out off--good escape from wings for example.

Finally, the giant shoothrough, transparent pyramid is for laser tanks to snipe at airborne tanks while giving them some slight protection (I love doing that).

Nothing to overpowering here. I would keep a low number of SWs here and a high number of wings, OO and Cloaks.

Cloak may be genuinely scary here and laser can be a real killer. GM actually has a good angle on Wings here as well.
Attachments
Rat_City.bzw
(119.54 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Rat_City.jpg
(105.44 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Last edited by Gerbil on Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Politically correct BZ: A kinder, gentler Guided Missile.
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

Put this near the beginning of your map file:

Code: Select all

material
     name ClearPyr
     color 1 1 1 0.5
     texture pyrwall.png
end
And put this in your pyramid definition:

Code: Select all

meshpyr
     matref ClearPyr
end
You can remove the pyramid texture if you want, to make it a solid white. Change the first 3 color numbers to any color you want (RGB decimal format - values range from 0 to 1) and change the 4th value to change how clear the pyramid is.
Gerbil
Private First Class
Private First Class

Cool!

Post by Gerbil »

Tanks--that was easy. Though the picture shows a non-transparent pyramid, the map has a transparent one now.
Politically correct BZ: A kinder, gentler Guided Missile.
LouMan
Chief Sgt. of Cartography
Chief Sgt. of Cartography

Post by LouMan »

The correct definition for the transparent pyramid should be:

meshpyr
position 360 -360 5
size 100 100 100
drivethrough
matref ClearPyr
end

Note that I made it drivethrough instead of shootthrough - there was no way to get inside otherwise.

I also changed the world size to 750 (which is actually 1500 X 1500) which seems to have improved the framerate a great deal.

Other notes: I noticed that I spawned "under" all of the main buildings at ground level into a maze like architecture, which is neat. Unfortunately, I could find no where out from under there - is there a way out? I don't think that players will like being trapped down there... Also, how do non-flying tanks get into the buildings? I noticed the entrances on top, but no where else...

The option "-t" is invalid for this map, and the option "-f WG{40}" should be "+f WG{40}. Since you were mentioning laser, GM, SW, and burrow, etc., I added them to the map. I have the flags set up as +f WG{40} +f L{4} +f GM{4} +f BU{4} +f CL{4} +f SW{4} +f OO{4}

I am currently running the map at louman.homelinux.net:5154.
Brennen The Great
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Brennen The Great »

Louman can u unban me now? :D, it wasnt me that was swearing it was my bro...
Admin @ Pythonian Servers
Admin @ Brad's
Cop @ Silvercat
Cop @ Hepcat
Cop/SetGroup @ Louman's
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

why rat city? if it's rat city why aren't there rats?
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Brennen The Great wrote:Louman can u unban me now? :D, it wasnt me that was swearing it was my bro...
You sure are having a ban problem... :roll: Maybe you should keep your brother away from BZFlag. :)
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Brennen The Great
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Brennen The Great »

A Meteorite
-He quit cause he got banned from everywhere

me1
-WE are the rats.
Admin @ Pythonian Servers