3 Map Ideas I Have

Previews and comments on future maps.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

3 Map Ideas I Have

Post by dartman »

Well, yesterday, I started thinking of some new maps I might make (once I get BZedit). They are...

Submarine Sea

Similar to jpa's "ocean" yet completely different. It has the huge ocean (duh) and the high bridge, as well as the many WG flags at the spawn point. But, the spawn point is wider and high in the air, and you can't kill people there, to prevent camping. The ocean is deep, but you don't die when you fall into it. Instead, you use W to "swim" around. In the ocean, there are several "submarines". They shoot ww's, and you can go inside them and fight players in there. There are also warships floating above the water, with tons of world weapons (especially GM). Also underwater, there are squid and jelly fish and other sea life (yes, they stay in one spot) that can hurt you if you touch them. Oh yeah, and the high bridge would be more of a square shape, not a circle.

Haunted Mansion

This one has a huge (you guessed it) haunted mansion that you can go inside and battle in. World weapons on plenty of the various floors, and a tele to ascend the floors. Running through every single floor is a giant, steep ramp that shoots you out of the chimney and into the sky at the end. You can also fight outside the mansion, where you can find ghosts, graveyards, etc.

The Two Military Bases (Play off of Two Castles) a.k.a Intense Adrenaline

As you probably guessed, this map is similar to the two castles, but it has it's twists. First of all, there are holes in the wall at different heights, so you can use them to shoot people on the other side. There a teleporters (similar to ones near your base on Two Castles) to prevent ricochets in them. Also, on each team's side, there are two tall ramps that wil either launch you onto the wall or onto the other side of it. There are also Gm world weapons: On the sides of each castle, there are two cannon openings that will occasionally shoot out GMs. These GM's go out and curve through the holes in the wall to meet and explode just under the bridge on the other side. Also, each base also has several cannons aiming upwards at an angle, which will also shoot GMs. They fly up high, past the clouds (so that they can only be seen by roaming observers) to crash into a floating "machine" that will "recieve" the GMs and shoot some more out to land on the other side (on the ground). This way, it looks like the other base shot the GMs that alnded on the other side. Players on the frontlines will have to keep an eye-out and be ready to run from them when they land (which is why it's called "Intense Adrenaline")
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Cool! How do I use them? (I just got Wings 3D).
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

You download the bzw file "I have attached and make a group for it.

Its like typing in:

Code: Select all

box
position 10 10 100
size 10 10 10
rotation 10
end
Except you do this

Code: Select all

Group submarine
position 10 10 10
size 10 10 10 <--- always make the size numbers even 100 100 100, 20 20 20, 30 30 30, 40 40 40, ect. or it will look funny.
rotation 10
end
I've set it up for you in the bzw file.

O and sorry but you cant go in them but its a good start.
Attachments
Sub.bzw
(36.31 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Hm..it won't give me an app to use it with. :?
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

open it as a text document...
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

BIYA, shouldn't "position" and "size" be "shift" and "scale", respectively?
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Ah, okay. I didn't get exactly what you meant at first. But I have it now. I don't get how to make it a group, though...

Edit: Never mind. I think I have it.

Edit 2: Well, I guess I didn;t have it. I am once again confused by Wings 3D.
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

L4m3r wrote:BIYA, shouldn't "position" and "size" be "shift" and "scale", respectively?
Yes but I am so used to the old position, size, and rotation that I cant seem to get used to the new shift, scale, and spin.

Dartman: The group is already done. At the very bottom theres a group. Just change the numbers like you would a box in bzedit without the visual aid. What I like to do is go into bzedit put boxes or pyramids in places where I want an object them when I get to the text file I change them to the group I want.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

I don't have BZedit. I use a Mac. So....I'm completely clueless. That plus the fact I'm totally new to this. :shock:
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

not really you just need some imagination and a way to run a server :)...
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

BIYA wrote:not really you just need some imagination and a way to run a server :)...
No...you told me to use BZ edit in your post. ;)
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

Thats the way I do it I never told you to do it. See...
What I like to do is go into bzedit put boxes or pyramids in places where I want an object them when I get to the text file I change them to the group I want.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Well, look in the sentence before that. You didn't tell me to do use it, but you said "...like you would in BZ edit." Thing is, I've never used BZ edit. :shock:
Sir_Pants
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sir_Pants »

for your chimney thingy you could use loumans one way floors, so the bottom floor would shoot you to the top but it would pass you through the floor above etc....
MONKEYPANTS.COM
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

Sorry dartman :)
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

That might work. I was thinking of one of those giant ramps that shoot you up, and there would be hole in each floor for the ramp to go through. Might make you an easy target, though.

Egh, I actually wouldn't mind someone else making the map and server, but I would like to try and make a map. Egh, so far, all I have is confusion. I'd like to try it, though.

Oh, and I had an idea for Submarine Sea. This is a way to prevent camping on the high bridge. There would be a teleporter on the spawn point, which would take you to a large rock (or platform) above the water's surface.

Or, there could be an opening in the spawn point that lets you fall through. While your falling, there is a protective wall around you.

Oh, and np, BIYA.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

These ideas are now..free to be used by anyone who wishes, Just give me credit for the idea(s)!
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Okay, today I had another idea for INtense Adrenaline.

On the ceiling of the center opening in the wal, there will be several very small holes that will occasionally shoot a laser that lasts a long time, to make it lock in everyone without a WG flag on that side of the map. The same effct happens in all other openings in the wall, and the teles will be fenced off similarly, as well as the ramp (maybe even have a ton of lasers running downhill on top of the ramp). This will lock in everyone except those with WG. Enemies on that side will be trapped.