WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME!

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
PAstreettank
Private First Class
Private First Class

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME!

Post by PAstreettank »

i cant get a server!!! everytime i go to find server it keeps saying servers found 0 ????? i dont get it AND WHERE do i get servers this game is not organized good :x :evil:
PAstreettank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by PAstreettank »

how do i put in a server? THIS IS AN EXAMPLE serverhere.bzlfag.bz:5323
what do i type in to the servers: ? do i type in the whole thing like "serverhere.bzflag.bz:5323" or serverhere.bzflag.bz" then type 5323 and the port? i dont get it this game should make a link so when u click on the link it will bring up the game and log into a server automaticly.....really cunfusin.....

Post by Guest »

Highlight "Find a Server" and press Return. Then highlight a server and press return. Then highlight Connect and hit return. Okay?
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

^He said that it wouldn't find any servers.

It's probably a connection problem. Aye, I don't know for sure, though. I'm not that computer knowledgable (I don't even know if I spelled that right). Sorry. :oops:

Post by Guest »

He also said "WHERE do i get servers" and "how do i put in a server?". I got the impression he must have had help just opening them game...
PAstreettank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by PAstreettank »

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????cunfusin
PAstreettank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by PAstreettank »

NO.....NO.... I just want to know HOW i put in a server in the game HOW do i type in the servers
PAstreettank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by PAstreettank »

no no this game is just to cunfusin and really.....really..........unorganized il just stick to wulfram tank game
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

dont post twice in a row, just use edit button on your post.
you said that you cant find any servers, do you have a personall fire wall/ that may be messing it up. You type in a server where it says server (in bzflag game) and the numbers in port. and in bzflags defense, the is probably the best organized game i played.
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

If you can't find any with the find server command check your firewall or something. Perhaps you have a program that dosen't allow stuff to go through the internet without yoour permission? If you still can't find any then you aren't letting bz have permission on the net. Try this server type it in

hepcat.org

and port is 5154
PAstreettank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by PAstreettank »

when ever i type in a server and a port it keeps sayin that conncection failed i dont got no blockers or anythin like that BUT i got dial up is that what the problem is or is dial up could I still play with dial up?
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

What version of bzflag are you using? It should say in the chat box when you start it up.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Yes, that might be it.
SportChick
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SportChick »

I'd appreciate it if you would all stop the personal attacks. If they continue, I will lock and/or delete this thread. There is also a full list of servers on this forum. Feel free to try those. And yes, you have to put in the full server name or ip and then separately, the port number.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Sport Chick, please do not lock the topic. I want to help him until he can play on the servers. How about we delete the rude posts and leave the ones that are helping? I just don't want him to get locked out of bz :(
dS
Private First Class
Private First Class

Can't You Feel The Love

Post by dS »

Wow, feel the love around here.

Remember who we, the BZFlag community are. It certainly isn't the elite group or club that seemed implied by a few posts here and in other threads lately.

PAstreettank - We aren't sure exactly at which point you are having problems. Is it when you tell the game to find servers? And as DTRemenak asked, what version of the game are you playing? If it is too old it is likely you won't find any servers. http://bzflag.org will have the latest. It is likely an easy fix, just let us know more info on version and exactly when it can't find servers.

There's a reason I don't post much around here. But the one thing that will bring me out to post is helping someone new experience BZFlag. There is no shame in having problems or asking questions when you do. Not everybody fits into the preconceived categories that some would hold as a standard for all others. It's the uniqueness and individuality that makes everyone interesting. Refute Assimilation! Viva La Doughnut! Etc.

dS
aka MadSanta
PAstreettank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by PAstreettank »

ill i just wanted to know is,how do i put in a server,WHAT do i got to type in... IM NEW I BARLY PLAYED THIS GAME AND I TRYED TO PUT IN SERVERS AND PORT AND IT KEEPS SAYING CONNECTION LOST and i said i wonder if it was only for dsl cable or t1 lack of knowledge? lol im a designer...I work on flash mx i make flash movies.logos,sigs,animated sigs,logos i work for a company called CoreGrFx and i figured out flash fireworks photoshop AAA logo all by my self try downloadin them Oh and DW thanks for your support your cool.. and i got 1.7 im pretty sure about,I also lol got AIM if any HELPERS want to talk on it it is DCH22vtecmotor and if people IM me and talk trash they will get a suprise.................
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Woah there buddy calm down a minute :) That's your problem. 1.7 is really old. Try using this one: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bzfl ... e?download

That should work, but tell me if it doesn't. I know you are smart, and I don't know what Phalanx was hoping to accomplish. Look guys, I don't have anything against you, but it's really rude to keep saying nasty stuff about other people. Now stop yelling at each other and trying to outdo each other and who's the most ignorant. It would be smart to stop fighting, and help this guy get in his tank :)
SportChick
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SportChick »

There's the problem. 1.7 is an extremely old version of bzflag and there are no longer any servers that run that version. Try downloading 2.0.2. It's available on bzflag.org or sourceforge.net.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

even better, try 2.3b.10, that is the latest, (i think) and has more effects, i like it better. sry about what i said b4.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

I'm sorry about what I said before too, I was going to edit the post but I found out I was beat to it :D. We all need to share the love!

And sometimes posting screenshots will help us diagnose the problem if you don't know what's going on.

Here's a mac version of BZFlag 2.0.2: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bzfl ... g?download

Here's a the source of BZFlag 2.0.2 for comilation on Linux: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=313691

In case you don't have windows :wink:
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Can't You Feel The Love

Post by dartman »

dS wrote:It's the uniqueness and individuality that makes everyone interesting. Refute Assimilation! Viva La Doughnut! Etc.
Don't forget "I'll give you a booboo...OF VENGEANCE!!!" (email thing), "What's your favorite kind of cereal? Mine is BOOMIOS!!!" (victory cry), and "folding banana" (when Tread Baron and I were guessing what "fb" stood for in "fbgirl921").

Yeah...those are all by me. :) Oh and you can't forget the "kill dartman show" that Tread baron and I made up and made into a "running gag".
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

I think he left bzflag for good. In the future let's not be so evil to the new people, I'm sure he would have been a cool player :)