The Story of Your Callsign

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
RexFlex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by RexFlex »

Contrary to the occasional question I get asked, I am not and have never been a fan of Duran Duran, who it turns out wrote a song called "Reflex".

The name came about when someone noted how I sometimes twisted my body while gaming and started calling me "Flex". I added the Rex bit.
SpedyRF
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SpedyRF »

heh....

well, I go to a different forum with a compleatly different subject, bionicles.
I was changing my name to "Speedy" and got a typo and ended up with "Spedy" instead I thaought it was cool and kept it.
Cop @ cruel's
Cop @ ahs3's
Cop @ *shadow*'s
stealth
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by stealth »

My name "stealth" is my way of playing...

i like it to terminate my enemy with 1 shot from behind, or to fight with the same weapons

im a type of strategic player, and i think the stealth flag is the best, on every card i know

sometimes laser and gm are good too, but stealth really rules

PS: sry for my bad english, i'm from germany
pointblank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pointblank »

I've had a number if changes on my part: Freekill, The Killer, LingLing, etc.

But, I was always obsessed with the word pointblamk ever since I read the book "PointBlank" awhile back.

Now I chose the name Qwerty, which is another name for a standard keyset on keyboards. :D
QWERTY - keyboard or BZFlag player? (-:
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

My callsign is dedicated to all those old geezers who think they know everything about you just by looking at your 'do.
Supertanker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Supertanker »

Way way way way way way way way tooooo much halo. :)

My first calsign was supertanker13, supertanker because this was the first forum I registered at and it had to do with tanks (bzflag), and 13 because im 13 years old.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:Way way way way way way way way tooooo much halo. :)
Isn't 342 Guilty Spark a map in Halo 1? I've played Halo 1 and 2, but have practically forgotten about the first one. :lol-old:
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

My very old callsign was "Jimmie Johnson".. That was because I used to be a Nascar fan. Actually, there's more to it than that, but that would make this a long post, which I don't feel like typing up right now. :P

A bit later, I was "Jimmie Johnson, as promised!". Basically, it's the old name, only I was playing on the "got shot by..." message thing others have been doing. When i shot you, it would seem like I promised to kill you. Not as funny as others, but the best I could think of at the time.

Now, I'm dartman. I really like it, too. It just has some weird ring to it. Uh, anyways, I chose it because...

...DART'D!

--------------whoosh----------]})>>-- <you are here, being DART'D!>

There ya go. ;)
cosmos
Private First Class
Private First Class

callsign

Post by cosmos »

cosmos has been my unix login since 1988, my irc nickname, and anything else that requires a nickname/alias/callsign. heck some folks even call me cosmos in the real world :)

talk about a boring story behind a name but when i was installing unix system v release 2 for the first time and i had to create a non root login i happened to have PBS tuned in on my television and there was some discussion about Carl Sagan's book/series Cosmos. Sounded like a reasonable login name so I used it and its stuck ever since. Yep, thats it.

heh
EbErT
Private First Class
Private First Class

My Callsign

Post by EbErT »

I have had ebert as my callsign for as long as I have played bzflag, because my uncle has called me that instead of my real name for an even longer time. It has ended up being a pretty solid one, and I added the strange capitalization EbErT just to make sure it was unique. And there it is. Good idea for a post, RPG.
Toastline
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Toastline »

I'm often asked where my callsign comes from in the various games in which I use it (Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal, Armagetron, and, of course, BZFlag), so I see no reason not to put it here. Here goes:

It all started one evening when I was playing Armagetron. Nothing unusual was hapening, just playing while someone in an adjacent room was playing in the same server. One of the players there was named Toofast2live, which, due to the font, if glanced at, appeared to be Toastline. I didn't really notice this so much, but when my buddy in the other room said, "I just coredumped(killed) Toastline!" I knew what they meant, and thought, "That's HIlARIOUS!" So, I changed my LightCycle to a toasty brownish color and donned the name Toastline. : )
OMNOM!
Lil Dog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lil Dog »

my story isnt that long :oops:
when my dad got us linux about 8 yrs ago, it came with a variaty of games (null bzflag lemmings) and i played bzflag as "lil dog" *because i like Pugs =)* and i met RB2 and TRB in mad city, we played every day there unti lwe pretty much owned the place... and eventually i upgraeded to windows and took a few breaks from bzflag to practic ebasketball and here i am! Lil Dog! proud SNT member, and meteorite admin!
QuantumBeep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by QuantumBeep »

Hmmmm. I think anyone can guess what the inspiration for my nick was... some random guy with no aim of his own traveling through time and space giving random people random inputs in hopes of getting himself unlost. That is SO me.
I added the Lord on because it sounds cool, yo.
I'm QuantumBeep on about a third of the websites on this planet... I've been spotted on the front page of Hard OCP once... my twelve seconds of fame.
MasterYoda
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Somewhere in the Outer Rim (the Planet Dagobah (im in exile!))

Post by MasterYoda »

if any of you can't figure out why i have my callsign...it's a pity...

I LOVE STAR WARS!

My other two callsigns are easy too, Mario cuz i play too much videogames and TankBuster because of the award in Star Wars Battlefront(again, video games and starwars). so there you go. pretty self-explanatory. :D
"Do or do not. There is no try."
-The One and Only MasterYoda

On Ducati, GU, and Open League: Team Untamed
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

hmm, im sure that you and Darth Vader will really hit it off good....heh

Darth Vader, aka I Died Once
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
QuantumBeep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by QuantumBeep »

I Died Once.. wasn't that a line out of Elektra?
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

i dunno, never saw the movie...but i think it comes from the fact that anakin died and vader was born...something like that...
ImageImage
MasterYoda
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Somewhere in the Outer Rim (the Planet Dagobah (im in exile!))

Post by MasterYoda »

doesn't matter.....yoda could kick vader anytime he wanted to :D ( same in the battlefield of bzflag ) :wink:
"Do or do not. There is no try."
-The One and Only MasterYoda

On Ducati, GU, and Open League: Team Untamed
a monkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by a monkey »

My mom always used to call me "a little monkey". So I thought, "Wouldn't it be funny if I had the callsign of 'a monkey'? Then, when I shoot people, their screen would read, 'Got shot by a monkey'." Also, monkey == coder, and I like messing around with source code, etc. So there you have it.
Last edited by a monkey on Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the source be with you.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

whats the point of having that sig, monkey? we all here play bz, and how would spongebob get a comp. and internet connection in Bikini Bottom...?

i hate those callsigns who play on the got shot by thing...its lame..
ImageImage
QuantumBeep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by QuantumBeep »

Alright, quit dissing. He isn't hurting you.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

sry, just had to get that off my chest,wanted to do it somewhere, of course, i've done it too...
ImageImage
QuantumBeep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by QuantumBeep »

yeah... I have to choke back a tear every time I see one of those "killed by nicks" too... then I remember that I did that once. Reminds me that deep down inside, I'm still a compleat n00b at life. :) That's my random thought for the day, folks!
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

I'm in a rock band, and we all went to see the film "school of rock" at the cinema. they started calling me "Spazzy McGee" after what jack black calls the kid drummer in his band (as i am the drummer in our band). it just kind of stuck.
my old callsign was "Icecold Trashcan", only because it was the most random thing i could think of, and was my email.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Tic Tac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tic Tac »

My Callsign came from the candy. I love tic-tac's! My favorite flavor is orange. whats yours? :wink: :o So i thought Tic Tac would be my callsign!

Tic Tac