Choosing bad flags

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Choosing bad flags

Post by The Purple Panzer »

I suggested something like this back a while: the idea that you
should be able to voluntarily acquire a bad flag (and then be able to drop it at any time). Back then I saidI wanted this to practice playing with bad flags, but it'd also be good to be able to lure attackers in ("Aha! He's got Blindness so now's my chance to kill him!"), and when close enough then drop the flag and nail them.

Incidentally, I played on one server that had a fairly long timeout with a bad flag (30 seconds I think). It was very interesting - it was now worthwhile to take the time to hunt for the antidote flag, and you also had to know how to fight (or flee) with the bad flag. I'd recommend this setting more often. (And I probably posted this thought in the wrong forum, but I have no time to fix this right now.)
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

no, i think you got it in the right place...interesting idea...but what if you were looking for a good one, then got a bad?...you shuldnt be able to just drop it there...so that eliminates the point of bad flags...dont think this one will happen.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

No, not that

Post by The Purple Panzer »

I didn't mean that this would apply when you picked up a flag (either good or bad); but rather, you could send a message like
"/Badflag RC" (if RC is reverse controls, I'm not sure) and you would then have that flag, even if there weren't one on the map anywhere close.

Just as you can voluntarily drop a *good* flag any time, it seems you should be able to voluntarily acquire a *bad* flag anytime.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

ooo, that sounds like it would work...talk to jeff and/or Tim Riker about it...
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
AlliedArmour
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AlliedArmour »

I like that idea! Would be useful sometimes - like someone trying to steal your flag - get a bad one, he steals it and is punished for being a thief! :D