The Big League Cleanup

Discussions about the various leagues
Chestal
Dev Guru
Dev Guru

The Big League Cleanup

Post by Chestal »

The long awaited cleanup which will eliminate dead player logins and teams will finally take place. You can take a look at http://www.bzflag.org/league/cleanup.php for a preliminary list of teams and players which will get removed.

I used a simple rule to find dead teams: Any team is dead, when none of its members did login to the league for at least 3 months. A player is considered 'dead', if he didn't login for at least 3 months and is in no team or in a team that is considered dead.

The webpage also has a list of active teams near the bottom. These are the teams which played 'recently' (3 months). Inactive teams will probably be removed from the scoreboard and listed elsewhere.

If you're a member of a team that is listed for removal or a player listed, drop me a message if you do not want to be removed. Please double-check if the team/player name is really yours, some people obviously have registered several similar logins.
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

yay!

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

the clean up was needed, good job.

sm
CapN
Private First Class
Private First Class

Thanks Chestal!!

Post by CapN »

Alright Chestal!!! Can't wait to see the site without all those old names/teams!!! Thanks Chestal!

-CapN-
CapN
Private First Class
Private First Class

Pull the plug!?

Post by CapN »

Hey Chestal,

Just wondering how much feed back if any you got from some of the inactive old teams/players?

Also wondering when you could actually remove them from the site?

Thanks Chestal,

-CapN-
Chestal
Dev Guru
Dev Guru

Post by Chestal »

Noch much feedback. One player complained that he was on the list, and it was indeed an error (hope to have it fixed now). Although, some peopel were concerned that players they know would get deleted or that teams like meq and GuglMty are on the list, although they did play matches in the past.

I think we can do the cleanup soon. [dmp] is back after having moved and working on the code.
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Go!!! Clean up!!! If you need ........I have a good bleach