RogueGenocide

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

RogueGenocide

Post by I_Died_Once »

The crew at Planet MoFo is anxiously awaiting a working version of this plugin to come to fruition. The one in this morning's CVS still doesn't work. Me, Holey, and some no names all tested it out this morning. This is going to be a fun plugin and we are looking forward to a working version.

And it deserves its own thread, anyway.
...This has been a recording.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

Oh, and for those who don't know - this one makes Genocide affect Rogues as if they were a team.

There is debate as to how, exactly, it should affect Rogues. For instance, if a red tank (thats: tank on the red team) has geno, and hits a rogue, it kills the whole team. But if a rogue has geno, and shoots a "team mate" the whole team is NOT killed.

Personally, I'd like it if rogue on rogue genocide did wipe out the whole "team" of rogues... as well as genocide killing all rogues when hit by a tank from a REAL team.

Then ther are those who'd like it if a red on rogue geno shot did NOT kill all rogues, but a rogue on rogue geno shot DID kill the whole team.

I say it should kill all both ways around, to be consistent with geno the whole way around. Except possibly making it to where a rogue on rogue geno shot does NOT kill the shooter (he who has geno)

Thoughts? Comments?

Sources? Binaries?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

I've tested it myself and it works fine.

what exactly happens when you use it?
ImageJeffM
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

Well...

THe server startup text tells me it is loaded...

When a rogue with geno hits a fellow rogue, no one dies but the rogue that was hit.

...and when a "team" tank shoots a rogue with geno, no other rogues die except the one rogue hit.

It very effectively does not work. Its running on Planet MoFo right now if ya wanna go see.