The Story of Your Callsign

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Gemini
Private
Private

Post by Gemini »

OK... So my story may sound a bit silly, but the origin of Gemini is decades old. It goes back to the early days of RPG (D&D for you old school folk and MUDs for the new generation of computer savy RPGers :wink: ). My character's name was always Gemini (most typically a sneaky elf thief type) so when it came time for coming up with a call sign.... Well I just resurrected Gemini, yet again...

-Gemini
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

The Story of Your Callsign

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

OO flag reminded me of the line from the movie "buckaroo banzaI across the 8th dimension" where Dr. Lizardo says: "Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy!", thus i used m0nkey_b0y.

then i changed to sn0w_m0nkey mostly because of my addiction to snowboarding, but the double zeros and underscore i will keep as my secret :)
Trucker Tricker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Trucker Tricker »

Mine is simple. I'm a trucker, and tricker is a play on my name.

Post by Guest »

Trucker Tricker wrote:tricker is a play on my name.
Tricia? :twisted: :lol-old:
Harlin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Harlin »

Harlin

I think I got this name because my dad and grandfather were both named Harlin. That would make sense since my name is Harlin Seritt III.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

CannonBallGuy wrote:
Trucker Tricker wrote:tricker is a play on my name.
Tricia? :twisted: :lol-old:
i think its the trucker part he is playing on.but me dunno
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Hot Lava Java
Private
Private

The Story Of Your Callsign

Post by Hot Lava Java »

Well, my callsign basically comes from the fact that I love coffee and I am a Java programmer.

The coffee's that I drink are Douwe Egberts brands (Dark Roast) and a coffee with mega caffeine kick called Hot Lava Java. Hence the callsign.

So come on, lets hear about your callsign.
SilentSwan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SilentSwan »

I've changed mine a few times, but it's simply a nick I use on IRC.
Gnurdux
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Gnurdux »

GNU, Nerd, UX.... Need I say more?
Hotman
Private
Private

Post by Hotman »

My real name is Othman, so i change the emplacement of H => Hotman
I'm not verry hot, but i'm a man :P

l'homme chaud
nemesis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nemesis »

l'homme chaud?
si vous etes chaud, je suis l'homme de la batte.

(dave barry joke)

i picked badboi because i'm not bery imaginative. i could have probably picked a better one and I eventually will. see, I have never had a nickname stick for more than a week. I seem to defy that type of thing.

but I am bbbbbbadtothebone......
--nemesis
aka badboi

[root@localhost ~]# rm -r -f /
Matt?
Private First Class
Private First Class

OK... LETS SEE

Post by Matt? »

when i was in the seventh grade my math teacher,tec teacher got me hook on bzflag when he had it on all of the computers for when we had time to play. this was back in 1.10.*. a kid in my class was obsesed with the word sphincter. i took that and used it as my callsign. that was lame so i changed it to "?" to go along with the got shot by joke :(. after 2.0.* came out the 3 letter rule was there so i tried .?. but it has to be mostly letters and numbers. so i decided to use my name Matt and my old callsign so now it is Matt? and it is there to stay(for a while that is)
[/quote]
stumpgrinder
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by stumpgrinder »

my story is also simple.
i just work with those machines and all caterpillar moved stumpgrinders did remind me to a bzflag tank. :roll:
(Un)Guided Missile
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by (Un)Guided Missile »

(Un)Guided Missile: GMs unlocking on me :)
Cop @ Far, far, far too many servers. (How the heck am I meant to visit them all regularly?)
Logwad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Logwad »

One day, I found a cool mmorpg called Wyvern, so I needed a name. The race I had chosen was high elf (I always go with high elves, and archery), so I got to thinking, elves -> forest -> tree -> log! And in a sheer bit of inspiration, added "wad" to it. Well, as it turns out, "Logwad" is quite unique (if you google it, most if not all references lead to somewhere I've been), so I have kept the callsign and use it for everything.

Most people think it has something to do with logging on, or lagging, but that is simply not true.
Team Wad!
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

I used the name of the 55-ton mech' "Dervish" from the old table-top game, "Battletech". Many gamers will know of the game according to its newest name "Mechwarrior". The name "Mechwarrior" was little more than an RPG-like spin-off of Battletech, released as an expansion book to the game back in the 80's.

If you remember my original screen name for BZFlag, "Dervish DuKot", the Dukot is taken from a character in the television series, "Star Trek Deep Space Nine". The character was named "Gul Dukat" (Gul is the military title), and "Dukat" really sounds more like if it was spelled "DuKot". He was an interestingly evil character you could never really trust, but for some reason you were compelled to unless you knew him well.

I now only use this screen name in BZFlag.
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
lddw
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lddw »

Lddw is only the letters of my name.
OWNER at lddw's servers
Citrus.admin
Cruel.admin
WinXP.admin
Spazzy.cops
Metec.mapper
Heart.trusted
red_shirt
Private
Private

red_shirt - how original

Post by red_shirt »

Of course I picked the name because I spent .. and spend .. a lot of time being killed in foolish ways. But I _really_ picked it out because an online comic named Schlock Mercenary features as a minor character Lt. Cmdr Der Triths. I'd just come off a Schlock reading marathon when I played my first bzflag game ... it seemed to fit.
Supertanker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Supertanker »

Well I changed my callsign again for no apparent reason, its almost my old one (supertanker13) but I named it for a different reason...

I made a level for one of my games called Supertanker airlines, but I scrapped it. Because Iwant to be a pilot, now its supertanker.
A Retarded Otter
Private
Private

Post by A Retarded Otter »

I started playing BZ a few weeks ago and was originally calling myself Chicken Fugglets (which is what I call chicken mcnuggets) but for some reason I kept getting kicked off of Spiralzone. Guess they thought it was obsene.

DarkLord is a name I used 3 ages in another game I play online called Utopia. (www.swirve.com) It was natural to convert it to this game. It's the 4th time I've used this name in a game hence, DarkLord IV.

Ciao!
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

my name came to me while I was playing bzflag and I was using the code name "win" and then someone said hey your score is almost as bad as the os so after that I change my mane to Win Xp.

( im not sure but maybe if I changed my callsign to linux I would get a better score)
a n00b
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by a n00b »

My callsign is "a n00b" because when I kill people, it says "Got shot by a n00b."

Simple and short.
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

or is it because your a, *GASP* a n00b :shock: ?
hehe, jk, i dont know if you are or not, anyways, welcome to the forum!
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
G-MAN
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Location, Location, Location. This house has it all.

Post by G-MAN »

Went to play Laser Tag had to think of a nick name G-MAN just came to mind. :D
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

G-MAN wrote:Went to play Laser Tag had to think of a nick name G-MAN just came to mind. :D
heh, thats what my dad calls me. My name is garrett and he doesnt like that name that much, so he just calls me "g-man"
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm