Possible plugin

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
The Vaxorcist
Private First Class
Private First Class

Possible plugin

Post by The Vaxorcist »

I had a possible idea for a plugin...
It is common on ctf servers to say "teams uneven, don't cap the flag", would it be possible to write a plugin to enforce is (like make anybody who picks up the flag die? Input, comments on the implementability of this idea, and how it would be done would all be nice. (I was browsing through the api documentation online, and It left me in a state of puzzlement. Of course, I should look at it a little bit harder...)

Now, can't wait for the bzflag source to finist downloading so I can start work. :)
Where's Darwin when you need him?

Lagger@Everywhere
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

There already is a plugin (or is it a server feature? not sure) on SilverCat that says when a player is carrying the flag unevenly on the admin channel. If I could get that plugin from jomojo (or whoever else may have it) it would be fairly easy to change it so that the flag could not be picked up. Killing a player for picking up a flag with uneven teams seems a bit harsh.
eagle
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by eagle »

im not so sure about them dying but maybe the person would automaticly drop it with a message like: uneven teams
~~~~~
I do know everything, just not all at once. Its a virtual memory problem.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

I started a plugin called PlayFair. I'm doing no publicity for it until it is ready for release. It will do what you suggested. It will also warn teamkillers, and quite possibly allow you to specify messages for when events happen. As in when somebody dies, it would say "<callsign> has been pwned by <callsign>!". It's a mix of The Narrator idea and yours.
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

I made one similar, it said Kablooie! whenever you died. You could make it go to the dead player, or have it broadcast to everyone. Got quite noisy in the console :P. Could also make it tell you when you killed someone.