can't shoot anybody with new CVS version

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Tux
Private First Class
Private First Class

can't shoot anybody with new CVS version

Post by Tux »

See subject. There should be some compatibility mode for bzflag 2.0.3 to make it work with old servers. This will increase the number of volunteers running the new version.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: can't shoot anybody with new CVS version

Post by RPG »

Tux wrote:See subject. There should be some compatibility mode for bzflag 2.0.3 to make it work with old servers. This will increase the number of volunteers running the new version.
2.0.3 works with all 2.0.x servers. Anything that is 2.0.x will work with any other thing that is 2.0.x.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

fourth time

Post by optic delusion »

I've seen this 4 times now, Player Bier was the first to report it. If you run lagstats, you will see that your lag looks something like this...
Tux 150 +-215459821ms

I don't know what causes it, but I know it's been fixed every time, just by getting another CVS client.

http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=5000&highlight=

Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Tux
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tux »

My lagstats looks completely normal (e.g. Silvercat: 200ms). But maybe I should mention that I am running BZFlag on Debian amd64, i.e. LP64. BZFlag is the cvs HEAD.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Well, not being able to shoot anybody is one of the symptoms when that lag happens. I suppose I was wrong.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Tux
Private First Class
Private First Class

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Post by Tux »

I still can't shoot anybody, not even with the current 2.0.5 version on CVS. This is _very_ annoying. What's going on here? Is amd64 (Debian) not supported? Too difficult? How can I help?
hans
Private
Private

problems with amd64 builds

Post by hans »

for problems with amd64 builds i found the following workaround at sourceforge.net
build the source (or put it in debian/rules) with

./configure CFLAGS="-m64" CXXFLAGS="-m64" CPPFLAGS="-m64"

works perfect !!!

:)
Tux
Private First Class
Private First Class

Problem found

Post by Tux »

The problem occurs only for gcc 4.x. Using gcc 3.4.4 to build bzflag the problem is gone.