BZFlag Beta Build 2.0.5b2

News and info about current and upcoming releases of the game client and server.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

BZFlag Beta Build 2.0.5b2

Post by JeffM »

Today we have 2.0.5b2.

Windows Installer
http://my.bzflag.org/builds/2.0.x/bzflag-2.0.5b2.exe
(requires DirectX 7+)

All current builds for 2.0.x will always be at http://my.bzflag.org/builds/2.0.x/

Linux and mac folk can, as always, build from anonymous cvs (unless it's broken); see http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=3248 to download, and read the README for build instructions.

Please report any issues you have with this build, even if you think we already know about them!

Stuff to check out (client):
Save world as OBJ ( saveworld -o )
Actualy use the mouse wheel on windows

Thanks for your feedback.
ImageJeffM
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

can't talk with list server......forgot if this is a quick fix or not
H0ley
Private First Class
Private First Class

Pause

Post by H0ley »

If you pause and then try access the main menu (escape key), there's a huge delay the different options. For example just pressing up and down takes a couple of seconds instead of being instantanous. The previous 2.0.4 and 2.0.2 versions never had this problem. Both the Win32 2.0.5b1 and 2.0.5b2 have this issue that I'm experiencing. Just holler if you need more details.

Thank you and goodnight.
/loves meteorite's mom
capt_crunch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Latest CVS build now 2.1.x?

Post by capt_crunch »

Hi,

I've tried grabbing the 2.0.5 source from CVS, but last night I ended up getting 2.1.x. It compiles, but no server on the public list is compatible.

How can I specify a CVS tag when I grab the source?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

cvs head is now 2.1.x and has new incompatable development

if you want the 2.0.x stuff you need to tell your cvs client to use the v2_0branch tag.

if you are on the command line just add this when you do the cvs update
-r v2_0branch

so it would be

cvs up -r v2_0branch

in the bzflag dir, to get the latest of the 2.0 line.
ImageJeffM
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

I *knew* something was up. Being a server owner, I try to keep a current CVS copy of bzfs running. However, last time I updated my CVS, the API broke half of my plugins. So I had to use my installed copy of 2.0.4 stable to use.

Now, I got no fog, and my HTF plugin don't work.

So - question: without reading the great big book of CVS & making a point to learn all things CVS... What command or modifier to the CVS command would I have to do to be able to get the last working copy of source BEFORE you guys went & screwed up the API? I need to host my HTF game and I cant as the HTF plugin is incompatible with 2.0.4 source, and CVS now gives an incompatible game.

So, what command is it to get the last source before the API was changed?
...This has been a recording.
capt_crunch
Private First Class
Private First Class

cvs command

Post by capt_crunch »

So, what command is it to get the last source before the API was changed?
Click on the last link of the first post in this thread. That will take you to a CVS download page. There are two cvs commands listed there. You'll want to add the following to the second command:

-r v2_0branch

Or perform the following as a third command:

cvs up -r v2_0branch

I haven't tried it yet myself, but I think either will work.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

I_Died_Once
read the post RIGHT above yours
just change your cvs up command to have the -r part and you'll get the code that is taged as 2.0.x compatable ( it is still changing ).
ImageJeffM
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

When i go in observer, everybody goes nr...
-plz help
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

JeffM2501 wrote:I_Died_Once
read the post RIGHT above yours
just change your cvs up command to have the -r part and you'll get the code that is taged as 2.0.x compatable ( it is still changing ).
Yes, yes... I got that part, but unfortuneately, you guys screwed with the API and now some of my plugins dont work with the split CVS.

So... if you guys have share how to give a date entry in the CVS command, that would rock. I'd like to get ahold of the last source before the API was doink'd with.
...This has been a recording.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

just rebuild your plug-ins.

your old binarys wont' work.

all we did was add a field and change a function name.

none of your plug-ins shoudl use this field or plug-ins. They just have the old API version number.

All you have to do is reubild them with the new header and you'll be good to go. That will build them with the current API version number.

cvs --help will give you all the options for cvs. one is to get at a date or tag if you must.
ImageJeffM
Sharpshooter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sharpshooter »

^nightmare^ wrote:When i go in observer, everybody goes nr...
-plz help
Thats been happening to me ever since I started playing BZ. After about 4 minutes, everybody goes NR.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

After 96 tears, er..uuh. tries, I fianally guessed the correct format of the command. I was putting them in the wrong order. heres the whole command, all at once.
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bzflag co -r v2_0branch bzflag
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

-plz help
This happens to me all the time on my laptop, when connected by wireless. It happens fairly randomly, about once an hour. It has always happened, so I blame it on 802.11.
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZflag2.0.5b2 on mac

Post by Legolas_ »

If i got the bzflag build where can i host it for everyone to use it?
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: BZflag2.0.5b2 on mac

Post by RPG »

Legolas_ wrote:If i got the bzflag build where can i host it for everyone to use it?
That's up to you, find a good place on the internet, or host it on a server that you own.

Or just post it as an attachment (if it'll fit).
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

TD-Linux wrote:
-plz help
This happens to me all the time on my laptop, when connected by wireless. It happens fairly randomly, about once an hour. It has always happened, so I blame it on 802.11.

Happens to me too. Its an error on the part of the server I think. If you look, you'll see yourself log on for about 2 seconds, enough to grab players score's and the server message. Then you disconnect. I blame it on UDP.

And now JeffM2501 will tell you that I'm wrong, and spewing junk from my voice hole. So please direct your attition to JeffM2501 for the right answer