STOP GM

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
nusredin
Private
Private

STOP GM

Post by nusredin »

:evil: I think the game is wonderfull, and extrem. But the players with GM in some maps, make the game awfull. Boring. Please take out GM or limit it to few shots.
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

There are plenty of ways to counter GM.
  • Grab a Stealth flag and hunt them.
  • Circle a Guided Missile tank with High Speed or Tiny flags, then close in on them (provided they don't lead their shots).
  • Use a Laser flag to get them from a distance.
  • Counter them with your own Guided Missile flag, but do so at long range, or use a spin jump to fire and lock in mid jump.
So many other good ways of hunting a Guided Missile tank, so just experiment. :)
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
CobraA1
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by CobraA1 »

hint: GM can't lock onto stealth (although being hit will still kill you).
-CobraA1

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

My avatar symbol © 2002 Jeremiah Moss. All rights reserved.
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

or...like on spirals,get a gm and if someones camping up on top,lock on him and fire you gm and the explosion on the bottom of the platform will be able to penetrate to the top and destroy him! 8)

Post by Guest »

heehe i luv sneakin up on GM campers with SW...its so funny when they see u coming with your SW flag an they get all skeered an jump down and start runnin from you and then they have their backs turned and are very vulnerable and thats when you drop your SW flag and just shoot them in the butt . then they are all like , "wut da hell?!! dam u Chikorita!!!" (just ask Lister , he knows all too well HAHAHAHAAA) :wink: i do the same thing with OO campers and PZ buggers who think they are safe :P heehe so much fun ...
anywayzzzz i like camping too sumtimes . you attract alot of hatred towards yourself . and it takes some skill to use GM yknow , especially when everyone u shot with a GM is coming after you! :shock: just wish i was better at it :|
Last edited by Guest on Mon May 26, 2003 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

moved to appropriate forum - general discussion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hehehehe Chikorita... ;)
blastard
Private First Class
Private First Class

The Wonderful Variety of Maps

Post by blastard »

Dear nusredin:

I am also not a big GM fan, nor do I like servers engorged with them (turkey and hashmark to name a few). Worry not!!! There are plenty of maps out there that a) do not have them, b) have a limited number of them or c) have limits on them. The number of shots one has on a given map makes a difference too. Try exploring other maps. BzFlag variety is wonderful. I hope we are blowing eachother up soon!!!

Best!
Edward
(Blastard)
TAK
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TAK »

Well, if there is normally like 1-2 people on the server and i pick up a GM, ill shoot it twice, then drop it. Now, I hate it when there is a person with a GM and they stay on the same server, even if everyone has left. They just wait for more people to come.....
bzfrank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzfrank »

Don't get mad, get even - usually it is pretty easy to kill those GMs, except of course I get my hands on one. *evil grin* ;)
purple_cow
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by purple_cow »

frank, you can't even compare with your roomie when it comes to GM camping. and yes, you can tell him i said that *even more evil grin*
Tankless
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tankless »

I am not interested in score. So when there is a GM camper, I don't mind being shot a couple of dozen times in my hunt for him/her. I just keep coming back and the fool thinks he's winning or something . . . . .

Often times, I'm just keeping the guy busy while a better hunter than me sneaks up and nails him.

:lol-old:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hehehe cougyr. GoodLord and I do that on Turkey pretty often (join forces to unseat campers). It's a pretty fun thing to do... especially when the camper is someone cocky. ;)