Seeking the trash talking script from "Pie In The Sky&q

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Seeking the trash talking script from "Pie In The Sky&q

Post by I_Died_Once »

Perhaps someone might can help me here. A Temporal Distraction has informed me that the server owner for pie in the sky is laregely M.I.A. and he hasn't replied to jack that I have sent him. So, I turn here for what I seek...

I'm looking for the trash talking script from the old Pir In The Sky server. You know - the thing where when someone died, it would /say "Darth Vader overdosed on a bad hit of crack sold to him by A-Delusion" or some such... At least, I think its a script...

but I would like to get ahold of that and add to it/take from it and use it on Planet MoFo.

Would anyone happen to know where I could find said script (like I said, I think its a script - I'll CALL it a script) or get in touch with the Pie In The Sky owner?

I know a bunch of you guys all know each other from the pre 2.0 days, and I'm thinking SOMONE on here knows what I am talking about and how to get ahold of it....
Last edited by I_Died_Once on Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...This has been a recording.
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by temporal distraction »

Check your e-mail.
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

can i get it also?
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

I'd be interested in this script too. Is there a way to get it posted publicly?
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

Woot!

Contact has been made, this is in the works. I am going to need someone to code up the plugin...

It originally was a patch for bzfs 1.xx, and the man wants credit... called it a BSD liscence. Whatever - no problem.

I'd like to see this be a forward looking project, meaning that more "insults" can easily be added to keep things current. Possibly with more "on event" taunts than just dying, but maybe have it say things when an admin joins, and on flag cap... or on becoming the rabbit...

...or customize some of the messages to be said only when a certian weapon is involved "...kicked the whole team in the nuts" if you hit with geno, perhaps.

But first thing is first - what exists now is a patch... who thinks they can turn this into a plugin with expansion capabilities?
Inferno
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Inferno »

I could do this......but my plugin would be like a relay server (say it's on port 5154, and bzfs is on port 5153. The plugin forwards all messages from the client to the server and so forth, with afew eceptions), and written in the perl scripting language.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Inferno
You can't write a BZFS plugin in perl.
I_Died_Once
I already started work on something like that. It's primitive now- everything's hardcoded in. Maybe in awhile, you know, it'll be here.
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

I wrote the same thing that RPG did.

I haven't been able to get file I/O working yet, but that's probably because my C++ book is dated 1992 and is for Borland Turbo C++ for DOS 6.0.
a n00b
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by a n00b »

I want that too! How would I run it on my server? (as the name implies...)
A n00b
Member of the Neo-Ronin clan!
Admin@SolarFlare, G33kw0rld, (Dvn)'s
Cop@Tadd's, Alex135's
Owner@BobCat
Ducati leader of: teh g33ks.

BobCat - 123-bobcat.ath.cx - 4 Team Vertigo CTF.
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

a n00b wrote:I want that too! How would I run it on my server? (as the name implies...)
Programming skills would help greatly. ;)
brad2901
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by brad2901 »

If you look at the pacthes for the SourceForge BZFlag
project, you will find what you want. Only problem is,
it needs to be updated to work with 2.0 servers.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

brad2901 wrote:If you look at the pacthes for the SourceForge BZFlag
project, you will find what you want. Only problem is,
it needs to be updated to work with 2.0 servers.
Thats good news, being as the guy I've been trying to get this from has just *poof* disappreared.

Anyone still interested in making this a plugin?
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

Ok here's the deal:

If you've been to my server the past few days you probably noticed I have a Trash-Talking Script set up. If any of you want to submit insults, /report them. I can also add them 'live' without a server restart. Just don't post them here, JeffM might piss himself or something. (I think it's time you look at drinking more cranberry juice Jeff).

Now comes the problem -- The script doesn't work 100%. It will work perfectly for about an hour and then 'crash' resulting in an error message rather than the insult being displayed for the user. Now I'm thinking there's a trigger event going on when this happens, but I have not been able to pin it down. If someone finds it they can have a gold star.
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

Tropican8 wrote:Ok here's the deal:

If you've been to my server the past few days you probably noticed I have a Trash-Talking Script set up. If any of you want to submit insults, /report them. I can also add them 'live' without a server restart. Just don't post them here, JeffM might piss himself or something. (I think it's time you look at drinking more cranberry juice Jeff).

Now comes the problem -- The script doesn't work 100%. It will work perfectly for about an hour and then 'crash' resulting in an error message rather than the insult being displayed for the user. Now I'm thinking there's a trigger event going on when this happens, but I have not been able to pin it down. If someone finds it they can have a gold star.

ROFL! :lol: What is your server? I want to come and input insults!
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

Ice Wewe wrote:ROFL! :lol: What is your server? I want to come and input insults!
tropican.no-ip.org:4200

Have fun
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

i thought it was 1badplayer.no-ip.org...
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

Hannibal wrote:i thought it was 1badplayer.no-ip.org...
Its both. 1badplayer.no-ip.org, tropican.no-ip.org, and grassrootsportals.no-ip.org all are aliases to my ip.

And yes the grassroots one was from when I ran Babel's when Hepcat closed but SilverCat was yet to open.