5%
Tree Hugger
19%
North Carolina Moonshine Blitz'ed Redneck
10%

Total votes: 21

Campers.....

Post by Guest »

Yesterday, i decided to change my ST strategy......i decided i loathe OO campers more than GM campers.....as such, i focused my efforts to the elimination of the OO campers......i must admit, it was more challenging than taking out a GM camper....

but it brought up the question......have OO campers replaced GM campers as the most hated....????.......

(well.....hated.....so long as i dont have the flag.......then i am finding the campfire and bag of marshmellows......)
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

Bagheera, I think OO campers can be more annoying than GM campers because you can only take out OO with 3 flags when they are sealed (SW, SB and G{only when they are on a team}). To me it seems a little bit pointles to camp with OO forever, that isn't exactly an exciting way to play but hey, some people do it.

widowmaker
baddmove
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by baddmove »

Yep..they sure are annoying!!(those 00's)
If ya go to turkey.moongroup.. there's a little razz kinda camper in there who berry's himself in pyramids and walls all the time lately...but i aint gonna mention any names..hehehe !!!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

widowmaker.... you forgot SR. ;) Of course, SR only works if they're close to the edge of the building. OO campers can be annoying.. but you know what? If you stay off of the ground there isn't much they can do to you. GM campers are more mobile, but also easy to kill. ST campers just sit around and wait for someone to fall into their laps (a lot like OO campers). So for me... GM campers are the most fun to hunt.. they are forced to stay in the open more than OO and ST campers, and they don't have the ability to drive through buildings or hide around blind corners.
CobraA1
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by CobraA1 »

OO campers are horrible in turkey.moongroup - no anti-OO flags!

I thought about voting tree hugger, but decided against it. My vote is OO.
-CobraA1

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

My avatar symbol © 2002 Jeremiah Moss. All rights reserved.
Razzberry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Razzberry »

Funny stuff baddmove.

Yes, I'm guilty as charged your honor. OO camping without a license.

I usually just use the best strategy that the map and the server provide, but you're right, OO camping has become most hated on turkey. The current map is not the greatest strategy-wise, and it quickly becomes respawn h*ll because the flags gather in the middle, leaving wide unprotected kill zones.
baddmove
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by baddmove »

I'm sorry Razz..was'nt picking on you (sorta) but it has been a pain in the azz lately to see so many taking the 00 way out...i would think it would be boring to just sit and wait..i like the action of the kill myself...................... :twisted:
Defman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Defman »

Those flipping Tree-hugging campers get to me all the time!
(Cartman, what in the h*** are you talking about?)

hehe, southpark fan here!

OO's have been rather rampant on Turkey - and when 20 plus people get in there, good luck spawning. Either a gm locks onto you right away, or you spawn right where an OO guy is roasting mashmellows waiting for you.

Myself, st is the flag of choice for Turkey - has been for for a few maps now.

If they cannot see you, they will not come.

Sorry all, been a rough night and I think I need a little unwinding.

Happy Bz'ing
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

oo camping

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

i don't know how some people can do it for so long. i get sleepy trying to oo camp!
:twisted:

sm
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

OO camping definitely takes the cake
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image

map strategy

Post by Guest »

razz, makes a good point, gm has a sort life on turkey.....and with the map as open as it is, its hard to stay alive without a constant caffeine twitch......i am still hoping spiff will put a map together with hollow walls.....it would at least allow the OOs to attack each other while they are trying to camp......hahah

but i will say this....i have spent several hours lately trying to put together a map for myself.........and it is a royal pain.......so any map i can jump around normally is getting a little more respect from my perspective......

anyhow...back to trying to find a new strategy to kill OOs on turkey.....
groberts65
Private
Private

OO campers on turkey are the worst

Post by groberts65 »

A server with OO and no SB or SW is simply a haven for mediocrity. All other campers are vulnerable in some respect but turkey OO campers are one of the lowest forms of life in BZFlag, just above cheaters and teamkillers.
Razzberry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: OO campers on turkey are the worst

Post by Razzberry »

groberts65 wrote:A server with OO and no SB or SW is simply a haven for mediocrity. All other campers are vulnerable in some respect but turkey OO campers are one of the lowest forms of life in BZFlag, just above cheaters and teamkillers.
That's pretty strong. And turkey has SW and SR now.

Personally, I put whining just slightly above cheating and teamkilling. Then above whining, maybe camping. Doesn't mean I still won't do it occasionally (ok often).

I still don't quite understand this idea some players have of aggressive, um, heck, I don't know, for lack of a better term, chivalry that you expect people to play BZFlag with. If you want jousting, play on servers with one or two shots, no jumping and no flags. If you like jumping and flags and multi shots, you should expect what you get. Namely, players who understand the strengths and weaknesses of maps and flags and that use them to their advantage.

All this moaning about camping bugs me. It has since Quake 1, when camping was also a viable TACTIC. I capitalize the word TACTIC because it is a STRATEGY. These words indicate forethought and planning. They do not represent weak play. I understand that someone who camps WELL can be frustrating, but if you can't figure out a way to get rid of the camper, I submit to you this question: Who is the weak player?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Well said Razz! Whiners rank low on my list too (yes, I do it too. Sorry! I'm trying!!!) OO camping does get boring after a while, but when the server is full... mmm.. it becomes pretttttttttty fun. :) I once got to 53/0 doing this very thing. A real camper (in my estimation) doesn't just sit on one building all the time.. that gets boring. When I "camp".. I move around... I stay off of the ground.. but always within reach of other players. This causes me to die more when players like Razzberry, Dervish DuKot, etc. are around, but I find it to be more interesting and exciting... not to mention more fair to new players. I do think that it is lame to sit in one spot with any weapon for long periods of time (over five minutes or so). Most times, I will hold onto one flag until I see a camper, and then I will go looking for the flag to counter the camper. So.. if you've been camping and you see me pick up GM or ST... be ware! Mwahahahahahaaha!
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

I THINK OO campers can be the most annoying.But it depends on if the player is a newbie or not. :D I kinda camp with OO but I can't last long.
In other words,I'm more deadly with GM. :twisted:

Post by Guest »

i like camping its fun . im not very good wif GM :roll: buh i luv OO :D
i luv to snuggle deep inside a block and watch and wait ...for sum1 ...i dont like .. to come along ...heehe :sniper: itz like bein in observer mode buh u can peek out once an awhile an blow sum1 upz , heehe . an i alwayz bring mah sleepin bag wif mee wen i go camping :camp:
Goodlord
Private
Private

Post by Goodlord »

Yeah i hate those OO campers. Especially that one OO camper in particular droldoog hehe .... didnt realize how much I actually OO camped till I went to stats.bzflag.org and saw that I was in first place on Turkey. You know thats not from skill rather OO camping. Well I have made an effort in the last couple of weeks to not use OO for more than 5 minutes at a time. Been trying to use ST and Cl more, I refuse to use GM (cant stand it personally). Sorry if I ruined it for you all .......... :oops:
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

not to worry

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

i noticed there are now a couple superbullets and more steamrollers to help you blow up turkey.
:)
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

eh

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

you blow up turkey
that should read blow up on* turkey.

hey goodlord, that timmy from southpark makes me laugh just seeing him, tnx!

sm
blastard
Private First Class
Private First Class

The Zen of Flag Distribution

Post by blastard »

BzFriends:

I think camping only really becomes a problem when flags are improperly distributed. Perfect example is that there are no Shockwave flags in the most recent Turkey map. When all flags are present in appropriate numbers (not to few and not two many), the map is much more balanced and interesting. I really am only interested in chasing and avoiding GM's and ST's as stratedy options for one evening. After that its...zzzzzzzzzzzz.

One of the reasons I am not a big Turkey fan is because there are tons of GM, ST, and OO flags, which limit the style and types of playing strategy. Perhaps limiting the map in that fashion is the point and the majority think that is fun. All in what your taste is I suppose. Whoever came up with the type of flags for bzflag put a lot of thought into it I think. One of the many reasons why I think this is a great game!!!

Best to All,
Edward
(blastard)

Post by Guest »

turkey, like a fine wine, takes time to acquire a taste.......although the recent map leaves me wanting for rr's last creation.........sry spiff.......you need to elevate your map creation skills........hahahah
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I have to admit.... after playing on Conwright, I sort of don't like Canyon 3.0 too much. :? I mean... they're both good maps.. but Canyon is more restrictive in some ways. I guess it just depends on what you like. As far as I'm concerned.. the Razzberry World map (an even newer version) is still one of the bestest. ;)

Post by Guest »

so when do we get to play that one....???
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

Anyway, whats a treehugger,and a blit'ed redneck? :)