FUN MATCHES!!!!!!!!

Discussions about the various leagues

Should "Fun Matches" be for everyone to play?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 19

carerra
Private First Class
Private First Class

FUN MATCHES!!!!!!!!

Post by carerra »

Ok this might have already been brought up but I cant quite seem to find the post on it. Today I was on tankwar 5158 and I was hoping there would be a fun match I might be able to join or that I could start..etc. Well I get there and I join in, in observer mode and my fellow pal Nano was there. It was
1)Deathdealer
2)Snick
3)Marines
4)JAH

Well Nano and I wanted to join in the good ol fun and so I asked and it seems that the only one there that had a problem was of course Marines a.k.a. Redsoxfan. So he started saying something like "no i want to 2vs2 snick" or something like that. And I dont get it he made a big fuss out of it because me and nano joined a FUN MATCH. Well it seems that he is almighty and knows all so he starts saying things and it's just a commotion!

I guess out of all this BS Im looking for an answer and that being what is more suitable...fun matches being capable by all who wants to play. Or should it just be kept to what the people say goes. I wouldnt mind letting people join in if I was playing. :roll:
It is finally the end of all to come...

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man
Is either a fool or a coward
Whoever can not take care of himself without that law is both
For a wounded man shall say to his assailent
If i live i will kill you
If i die you are forgiven
Such is the rule of honor...
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

If they were ready to start a 2vs2 and they dont want you to be in, then respect it and dont join. marines hates to play 3vs3 and if they managed to organise a 2vs2 - where is the problem? Let them have their fun and dont ruin it by disturbing the guys.
Just go to 5154 and get two other players to set up an own funmatch.

You never know for which reasons people want to play the way they made the funmatch - in the case you described the reason is obviously marines' hate against 3vs3. But in other cases maybe teams want to practice teamplay in a funmatch or do some special things like "only killing via rico - no direct shots" or "no jumping".
So: Just ask nicely if you can join and if the refuse, then accept it.

That's my opinion on it.
birdie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by birdie »

you werent part of the fun match who is started, so you have to respect their /some ones opinion if he/she/they dont want that you join in..its as simple as that

Post by Guest »

Both Satu and Birdie are right.
You seem to think that marines had no right to stop you playing, well, what right do you have to ruin his fun?
If they are having a perfectly happy 2v2 who gave you the authority to destroy that?
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

For example: You see a bunch of kids playing soccer... would you run into their game, grab the ball and start shooting it around? I doubt you would do that. Basically it's the same situation.
The Knights Who Say Ni
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Knights Who Say Ni »

but this is a game... and you cant really hurt anyones fellings that much...
Can you?

I dont think you should take this that personally but its not up to me so im gunna shut up
Sig Made By AlliedArmour

TGPH
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

Marines = RedSoxFan?

ooH

lol

anyways , it's good that you asked beforehand . but if one person objects , then it's probably better to not jump in . esp. since 5158 is more of a match port , and not a public port . on a public port it would be different .
if the other players really wanted you to play , they would have insisted , discussed it more , or asked for a vote . yes?
or you could offer to be a substitute if needed .

besides there is always 5159 too ...
carerra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by carerra »

Well lucky for me I just asked and didnt join in like Nano. Thats really how all the commotion started aflare. I guess I forgot to put that in :shock: . Well still I knew I wouldnt be able to join cause of his exceptional (pardon me) attitude. Hes been in some trouble and I know why and where it even though he may seem to have chnaged..he is in actuallity still the same and Ive seen it. Anywho I just left the server and went to 5154 :roll: .

This is was all just brought about to see people opinions on the subject because I know that everyone has something different to say.
It is finally the end of all to come...

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man
Is either a fool or a coward
Whoever can not take care of himself without that law is both
For a wounded man shall say to his assailent
If i live i will kill you
If i die you are forgiven
Such is the rule of honor...
the sorting hat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the sorting hat »

The Knights Who Say Ni wrote:but this is a game... and you cant really hurt anyones fellings that much...
Can you?
Why?
the Red Commander
Private First Class
Private First Class

Accept it

Post by the Red Commander »

Accept it and go join another server - if he wanted to make commotion, YOU'VE JUST DONE HIS WORK FOR HIM!!!! Walk away in good humour! There's plenty other servers in the sea!
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

I guess it all depends on how you asked. If you simply asked and he was rude, that's his problem. If you were a pain in the rear and wouldn't take no for answer, you were the problem. Sounds like your friend nano was being too insistent.

Definitely good to ask if you weren't specifically invited.