Genocide is a war crime

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Hoplite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Genocide is a war crime

Post by Hoplite »

Is anyone else here getting sick of the Genocide flag?

Here's a scenario that repeats far too often: you and your teammates have worked hard, slugged your way across hostile terrain and are on the verge of capturing the flag when WHAM! someone gets off a lucky shot and hit the noob on your team with Geno. Poof. All your efforts are for naught. Flag goes back home. Rhythm, momentum and teamwork are killed, just 'cause ONE guy on your team didn't know what was going on.

I find it very frustrating, especially when it happens back to back to back.
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

this is just a game, don't get very frustrated. the point of all power flags is they add to the fun and excitement. at least i think they do, including geno. if you think they don't, you can always choose a server with no power flags, where skill plays a much bigger role than luck and uncertainty (like ducati, pillbox for ctf).
(Dvn)
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by (Dvn) »

i love getting geno and blowing up all the other team!

i hate accidentally killing team and all of us blow up!!
Owner@gnurux.homelinux.net:5159
Owner@YOUR DEAD's
Admin/Owner@No Guts No Glory's
Admin@Win Xp's
Admin@Lddw's Admin@SirKay's
Admin@Theme97's
Admin@A Heart Attacks's
Cop@AlliedArmours
Ducati member@Teh g33ks

BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

Umm, explain why you are complaining about the Geno flag. It's not like your ranting here is gonna get it removed from the game. If you really hate it go to the servers Green Manalishi stated.

It's a game man, I also find myself swearing at the computer screen when they get lucky and grab a SW or a Geno flag. But, let me ask a question. When your opposing team has worked hard to cross the terrain of tanks dieing and falling to pieces, then one of your guys pick up a Geno luckily and kill the team, do you feel happy? Yes no, of course you do, cause they did'nt capture your flag... They are pissed at you for the genoing a newb... The game is more equal then you thought :)
Night Crawler
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Night Crawler »

I hate geno to, but it's very usefull when they are ppl that you cant kill because they are somewhere with gm and you can't reach them, like in the silvercat rotation map. Go on the top of your base with gm and nobody is gonna kill you. They cant even reach you with sw.

Even if being killed by a geno is boring, it's a flag that must be in the game.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

talk to your server ops, have them remove geno from the flag list...it's THAT simple.
ImageJeffM
Zig
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zig »

Play on badgerking's server: He has rogue geno!

So you die not because the worst player on your team got genocided, you die because someone who isn't on your team (another rogue) either died to a genocide OR shot himself on purpose.

It's a laugh and a half, but mostly a barrel of tears.

Oh the humanity!
Night Crawler
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Night Crawler »

I whant to know if you think that it's stupid to kill all rogue with geno even if they are not supposed to be in the same team...

Something should be done about that, that's not logic.
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

sometimes geno is good ... sometimes .

for example: when there are a limited number of superflags on the map , and the other team happens to be in posession of most of the good ones (GM , Laser , Wings , SW , ect.) if some1 on your team can find geno and hit one of them , they will all blow upz and drop their flags . so in that way it can help redistribute the flags and balance the power between the teams .
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

if you are rogue, you get killed a lot by rogue geno, but you can get many points by rogue geno too.. if you are rogue and pick geno, my advice is don't try to shoot others because there is a high chance they'll shoot you first. instead situate yourself up against a wall and shoot yourself! :twisted: it's kinda more fun, because that's something that would get you kicked/banned on another server. then again you can't try another geno shot because you are dead yourself. i think in the end things even out on badgerking's for rogues and non-rogues.
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

Get over the Geno thing. We've had this arguement before, and guess how it turned out? All I saying is, you've got to have confidence in your team members, and accept that some people are just very good with Geno. :twisted:
LavaBall
Private First Class
Private First Class

I agree.....

Post by LavaBall »

I hate N00B's in the game and especially when on your side when the other side just kills the N00Biest gamer(Which the N00B deserves dying and bieng kicked out of the game)But it is so fun when you have it :D
Living PolterGeist!
a n00b
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: I agree.....

Post by a n00b »

LavaBall wrote:I hate N00B's in the game and especially when on your side when the other side just kills the N00Biest gamer(Which the N00B deserves dying and bieng kicked out of the game)But it is so fun when you have it :D
...would that mean me? :P
A n00b
Member of the Neo-Ronin clan!
Admin@SolarFlare, G33kw0rld, (Dvn)'s
Cop@Tadd's, Alex135's
Owner@BobCat
Ducati leader of: teh g33ks.

BobCat - 123-bobcat.ath.cx - 4 Team Vertigo CTF.
Glassjaw
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Glassjaw »

i have nothing against geno flags (they are great for rebalancing the teams), but i do think they should be more rare, i mean, if ur unlucky (the good players pick up the G flag) it can happen every 5 min, which can be quite frustrating. (i once picked up 4 geno flags in 20 min, 3 times successful...)
LavaBall
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by LavaBall »

a n00b wrote:
LavaBall wrote:I hate N00B's in the game and especially when on your side when the other side just kills the N00Biest gamer(Which the N00B deserves dying and bieng kicked out of the game)But it is so fun when you have it :D
...would that mean me? :P
If you are a N00B....You know the answer,YES.
Living PolterGeist!
Hoplite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hoplite »

Well of course I'd be lying if I said there weren't times when I was happy for geno - for most of the reasons stated above. But seriously, who hasn't been in a game when your team gets hit with geno four times in a row - by the same two players? It's not good for the team, or for the game, for that matter. It doesn't require teamwork or strategy - it's just one player hitting another player and totally negating the victims' teammates efforts.

Naturally, the players on the team with geno think it's great and run amok while the other team is regrouping, but how much skill does that take?
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

stop it with all the n00b bashing... we were all n00bs once. if your going to have a go at every new guy who comes and plays this brilliant game, it's you that we should be having a go at. The bzflag is brilliant, why not let others discover it for themselves and join in the fun? they will get better in time.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

and werent you a 'NOOB' yourself once?
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyr0 »

Hannibal wrote:
and werent you a 'NOOB' yourself once?

Nope .... I started special.

Well, ok, I was. But that was last week. :P jk
Night Crawler
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Night Crawler »

You should alway keep in mind that it's the newbie that make the game run again and again. If there was no newbie, bzflag would stop working because there woulb be a lack of people playing it.

We should try to be very patien with them and help them to learn how to do not get bash by geno so easely. :wink:
-
''You should alway look behing you when you are
in the darkness of the night, perhaps it's following you right now...''
LavaBall
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by LavaBall »

Sure we do must be patient ofcourse and not bad-jacking people.
Living PolterGeist!
The Vaxorcist
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Vaxorcist »

JeffM2501 wrote:talk to your server ops, have them remove geno from the flag list...it's THAT simple.
Jeff is right - if you don't like geno, either don't play there, or get the server owner to change it.
Where's Darwin when you need him?

Lagger@Everywhere
eagle
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by eagle »

alright people, why are so against noobs? everyone has to learn how to play. you guys were all noobs once ALL OF US. :)
~~~~~
I do know everything, just not all at once. Its a virtual memory problem.
a n00b
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by a n00b »

Some of us still are!... (even though we kick butt)
A n00b
Member of the Neo-Ronin clan!
Admin@SolarFlare, G33kw0rld, (Dvn)'s
Cop@Tadd's, Alex135's
Owner@BobCat
Ducati leader of: teh g33ks.

BobCat - 123-bobcat.ath.cx - 4 Team Vertigo CTF.
Matt?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Matt? »

I HATE!!!! ROGUE GENO!!!!! it makes being on rogue worthless other than u have no teammates...but that is just my opinion.....