Looking for pinball and three team maps

General talk about the map making process.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Looking for pinball and three team maps

Post by optic delusion »

I'm looking for two maps.

One is the pinball map, which I saw somewhere a few weeks ago, but cannot seem to loacate again. I figure that map is ripe for some colors and physics drivers, and I would like to update it.
Searching this forum gets me an early version, I was hoping for a final verion.

The other is a three team map that I heard was created by bamf, and hosted by bzg. It was triangular. That's all I know about that one.

Does anybody have any hints?
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

That was fast..

Post by optic delusion »

Tropican8 seems to be the last one who ran PinBall. here is a quote from him.

Made by root, modified for public use by rambo, modified again due to the map breaking in 2.0. (teles stopped working) Best run in rabbit mode.

Looks like I'l be runing pinball someday soon. It's official name is TILT. Thats why i couldn't find it.
.....Still looking for the triangle three team map.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Well, FYI, I was hoping to start a symmetrical 3 team CTF map. :D
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

I was in fact the last one to host Pinball in my short-lived rotation. It also was the only map in my rotation not by 1badplayer.

I quickly looked at the original and my copy and there are quite a few differences.

Here's what I think is an accurate changelog based on what I know (I've played the map since release at every host of it):

1. Root(er) makes the map and eventually posts it here: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1513

2. Rambo adds the checker pattern on the south center ground and the fall-through floor on the west wall. (This is the 'normal' rabbit version that everyone played) He also is the one who started calling the map 'Pinball'.

3. Then at some point the teleporter links were deleted from Rambo's version. This is the version that was on 'Logic Systems bzflag server'. This server soared to the top of the list by using about 50 bots. It also was a lagfest.

4. Later another person got a hold of the map (don't know his name) and re-made the links. He also tore down the eastern wall completely to make the map more 'open', This guy's server disappeared and I grabbed the map.

Hope all of that is right. Root or Rambo feel free to correct me.
Last edited by Tropican8 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Knights Who Say Ni
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Knights Who Say Ni »

this is a pinball map
dont know if its the one you want
Attachments
Pinball.bzw
(26.51 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Sig Made By AlliedArmour

TGPH
bamf.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bamf. »

It's been awhile since I've seen my 3 team ctf map (triangular), it's nothing special, very basic. I'll see if bzg still has a copy of it.
It's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says: Hey, can you give me a hand? You can say: Sorry, got these sacks.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

A-D, i could try a 3-team CTF. symmetrical? i guess ill try.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
bamf.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bamf. »

I found a copy of the triangular 3 team ctf map (Arena Tank Bowl) at home. I'm pretty sure the bases need to be reconfigured with the newer versions of bzflag (this was written around the 1.7 days), they may appear off.

This was fun to play, gave ctf a different feel using 3 teams. If you end up putting it on a server, let everyone know.
Attachments
3ctf.txt
(4.78 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
It's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says: Hey, can you give me a hand? You can say: Sorry, got these sacks.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Thanx Bamf

Post by optic delusion »

Thanx Bamf.
It looks like Hannibal is going to make an all new 3 team map. Maybe this will give him some ideas. (I was really asking for him.)
I'll probably get around to fixing it, seems easy enough, but I have four maps I'm working on work on already.

Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

whoa..thats nice.
The one im doing seems to be one thatll take a while.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

A Meteorite wrote:Well, FYI, I was hoping to start a symmetrical 3 team CTF map. :D

How do you do that? I thought symmetrical meant it was the same on each side, and yet 3 is an uneven number, so how you gonna make that?
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

Ice Wewe wrote:How do you do that? I thought symmetrical meant it was the same on each side, and yet 3 is an uneven number, so how you gonna make that?
One could be in center, or it could be a pyramid pattern. Either way the bases would be equidistant from one another and the map a mirror image of itself.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Equalateral

Post by optic delusion »

Its called an equalateral triangle.

Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

you can have 3 way symmetry ice wewe. An equilateral triangle.
any regular shape has symmetry, e.g. a hexagon has 6 ways of symmetry, a icossagon has 20. :)

there was a three way ctf map around once, back before 2.0.... hmmm
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Equalateral

Post by Tropican8 »

A-Delusion wrote:Its called an equalateral triangle.
I need more sleep, pyramid pattern, equalateral triangle, you get the idea.