Winter-nee-mas

Previews and comments on future maps.
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Winter-nee-mas

Post by Ice Wewe »

Hey all,

Well, winter is approaching us all and a surprising rate, so I thought I'd make it even better! :) Here is one screen shot from an upcoming map, which has no release date yet. I hope you all enjoy it. :wink:

If you're interested in helping with this map's completion and testing, please Private Message me.

Please Note:
This map is being designed for a server, and most likely will only be available through there, I will tell you what server in a bit. (Aren't I :evil: ?)
Attachments
bzfi0000.png
Screen shot from an upcoming map, if all goes well.
(433.94 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

IT WILL BE ON 123-SOLARCAT.DYNDNS.ORG

MY SERVER

aren't I evil :twisted:
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

Hmmm, I wonder how this is possible when you don't even have the map file... :P

Speaking of which, fast responce. :shock:
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

Hate to bring it to you, but trpan has already made a map like this (even with snowmans)
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

^nightmare^ wrote:(even with snowmans)
i think you mean 'snowmen' :p
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

Bah! I've been foiled again... :twisted: hmmm, back to the drawing board I guess. Either that, or I find trepan's map, and make mine different. :o (No, you can do that?)

Would someone mind linking that map that he already made for me? I've looked on his website for it, searched all of BZBB for it, and all of sourceforge, and still, no trepan made map. (That looks like mine)
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

Simpson's did it! Simpson's did it! :lol-old:
'Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope'

-Aristotle-
eagle
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by eagle »

ive got an idea for it.... make land all around the map and have the middle be a frozen lake 8)
~~~~~
I do know everything, just not all at once. Its a virtual memory problem.
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

Spazzy Mcgee wrote:
^nightmare^ wrote:(even with snowmans)
i think you mean 'snowmen' :p
Same difference :roll:
Eagle wrote:ive got an idea for it.... make land all around the map and have the middle be a frozen lake
Ive been wanting to do that for a while, but im to lazy :P
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

I could do that, but I'd need some kind soul to write me a script to raise the height of all the objects, cause there is no way I'm doing it by hand... :shock: :shock:
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

I have a easy way to to that

very easy

use your friendly neibourhood wings3d
sid6.7
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sid6.7 »

Ice Wewe wrote:Bah! I've been foiled again... :twisted: hmmm, back to the drawing board I guess. Either that, or I find trepan's map, and make mine different. :o (No, you can do that?)

Would someone mind linking that map that he already made for me? I've looked on his website for it, searched all of BZBB for it, and all of sourceforge, and still, no trepan made map. (That looks like mine)
it might be on my site amoung some of the 2.0 maps i collected
i'll look on my HD too...

goto my WWW button below...goto hooby link goto bzflag link...
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

moved to WIP
ImageJeffM
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

Win Xp wrote:I have a easy way to to that

very easy

use your friendly neibourhood wings3d
You didn't read it properly. All the objects This includes things that aren't made in Wings3D, and besides, you position things in BZFlag maps that were made in Wings3D using the group command.
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

I suppose you could make everything one big group and raise it with shift.

This map would be great! You should dramatically lower traction... :twisted:
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

TD-Linux wrote:I suppose you could make everything one big group and raise it with shift.

Yea, ok, it's gonna get worked on real soon. With Winter-nee-mas right around the corner, I've got to work quickly! The only problem is, I've got a huge science project, and an English summative due next week, so expect it during Christmas Vacation, maybe I'll give it to you as a christmas present... here, I've got enough time to take a snap shot, sorry, no cropping.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2765/bzfi00007mu.png

BTW, that is a burning plane in the right background of the shot.

Ok, you get lucky, you get a frozen lake, with authentic lake shore, I hope. It's getting late, and my eyes are hurting, so that's it for tonight. I haven't decided wether the lake will be deadly yet... perhaps, perhaps not. See you all when Winter-nee-mas starts!

http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/index.php
Mostly Harmless!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mostly Harmless! »

Burning tanks-- the happy spirit of the holidays!
Last edited by Mostly Harmless! on Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.
It is not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
Always remember you are unique. Just like everybody else.
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

Ice Wewe wrote:
TD-Linux wrote:I suppose you could make everything one big group and raise it with shift.

Yea, ok, it's gonna get worked on real soon. With Winter-nee-mas right around the corner, I've got to work quickly! The only problem is, I've got a huge science project, and an English summative due next week, so expect it during Christmas Vacation, maybe I'll give it to you as a christmas present... here, I've got enough time to take a snap shot, sorry, no cropping.

Ok, you get lucky, you get a frozen lake, with authentic lake shore, I hope. It's getting late, and my eyes are hurting, so that's it for tonight. I haven't decided wether the lake will be deadly yet... perhaps, perhaps not. See you all when Winter-nee-mas starts!

You should make the water under the frozen lake deadly, and maybe a hole in the lake.
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

^nightmare^ wrote:
Ice Wewe wrote:

You should make the water under the frozen lake deadly, and maybe a hole in the lake.

Ok, here's the deal. I'm going to release the map with the lake in it, which BTW is unfinished because I've deviated from it. It slowed down my FPS to much to be fun to play for me. So here, I'm giving you the one with the lake. The other one, which I will include a screen shot of, is sorta the same thing, except better. So, the lake map will not be supported by me. There will be no further changes submitted by me. I'm not even going to take the time to fix the jump pads, that's how little I care about this. Downloader beware, you choose the bare.

Oh right, the preview of Winter-nee-mas... right. Here it is, Image
Attachments
snowman.bzw
It no longer contains snowmen, so I don't know why I still call it snowman.bzw. Winter-nee-mas, lake edition, is NOT supported by it's author. Please feel free to make changes, but you MUST give credit to all the people that are already in the map.
(329.94 KiB) Downloaded 300 times