A wing rabbit ?

General talk about the map making process.
Tturbo
Private First Class
Private First Class

A wing rabbit ?

Post by Tturbo »

I have been searching for a good map idea, and when I was play on A-Delusion map, it came to me. Why can a rabbit chase with a lot of wing can be my idea. I talk about it to some persons, and I'd like to know if you like it or if you have suggestions about it. :book:

I was thinking to have a map with a big plain in the middle (with building too, everywhere); mountain, forest and water in the corners. It can be with a lot of wing flag, but some other too. I think the best will be with infinite fly height, and some platform with teleporters.

If my idea please you, you can make it (with modifications if you want.), but I'd like to be inform. :angel:

Thank you.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Wings

Post by optic delusion »

He wants a rabbit chase map with alot of wings.
Why not a map where there are obstacles in the air, designed for wings players.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Tturbo
Private First Class
Private First Class

I think its this

Post by Tturbo »

Yes, it's can be something like this, but it can be see...

PS: I like your avatar...
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

seems doable..probably best with sid6.7's BZRand. theres a thread somewhere...
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Tturbo
Private First Class
Private First Class

I guess you like my idea...

Post by Tturbo »

If you think you can make it I'll be happy. But I'd like it to be a relly big map, with a high jumping and ricochet. With 10 fast bullets and fast tanks.
I guess it can be really cool like this... :wink:
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

Lets see, high jump (HideNSeek) ricochet (HideNSeek) fast bullets and fast tanks (HideNSeek), mountains(HideNSeek)... The idea of HideNSeek being RabbitHunt has came to me and there is a problem with rabbit hunt and unlimited flaps... they can just hold down there jump button all day and be rabbit forever.... So I have a RabbitHunt HideNSeek with an invisable ceiling, if it might suit your needs ask for it and I'll search the blackhole which is my computer.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

What im thinking.

Post by optic delusion »

I'm thinking in a different way.
This might look like a random map, with lots of buildings, except the buildings are also at random heights.
Maybe wingsJumpCount at 5. forcing you to land somewhere, occasionally.
No floor, so once you drop below the buildings, you are dead.
Of course spawnzones for flags and tanks, so you can get wings easily.
Maybe some shear walls or pyramids for funny bounces.
Maybe you could add together several random maps, changing the heighth of each box along the way. Yknow, lots of boxes all over the place in the sky.

Is this making sense? Remember Purple Panzer's Borg Cube?

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
wawaneesa
Private First Class
Private First Class

Original idea

Post by wawaneesa »

U told me about it today Tturbo, and it seems pretty cool.

The idea of making it with one of the fourth elements in te trhee corners might be hard to do tho. Heh, how do you want to represent fire? by Lava? and wind? ... :)

You'r idea A-delusion is relly well doable :) Seems pretty more (sorry Tturbo) easier to play because HideAndSeek maps with infinite Flaps maps are hard when rabbit chase

:S
Friends of many BZ admins :)
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

Well, D if your looking for a map like that I can make it for you.. :) won't be hard..
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

The more I think about it, The more this seems like a project for a couple of recruits. It should be pretty easy. Tturbo, and Wawaneesa, why don't you two see if you can do this on your next break from school. I'll help as much as I can. And I'll host it if you make it.

In the meantime, can BZRand make objects at random hieghts? I'm macintosh....
And, are we sure this hasn't already been done?

Tturbo
Private First Class
Private First Class

thank you all for answering!

Post by Tturbo »

I have been reding all what you have written, and acouple of your ideas make me realise my mistakes. :oops:
First, as BIYA said, the rabbit can alwais jump, and he will alwais be rabbit. In this case, the best will be like 10 jumps, and after you can't get higher. The idea of A-Delusion is good (the one about builing in the air), it a really new and interesting idea. :wink:
But the one about me and WawaneesA making it during holiday will not be possible. Because it's going to be in one week, and I'm going home to see my family, and they don't have internet. But if BIYA can do it, he can email me to say things... 8)
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

http://hosted.rangfar.com/bzflagworld/f ... c&start=72

that is the link to the BZRand offical thread. It is not in the bz.bb family.

EDIT: It does only so many elevated platforms. but you can choose the min. and max elevations..
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
wawaneesa
Private First Class
Private First Class

yea a-delusion

Post by wawaneesa »

Yes A-Delusion, we're going to see each other maybe this week-end or maybe during the Christams break.

Did you hear Tturbo? we have work to do dude!

French for Tturbo: Je sais pas quand mais bon, on va pouvoir régler ca demain le 16/12 :)
Friends of many BZ admins :)
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

A-Delusion wrote:The more I think about it, The more this seems like a project for a couple of recruits. It should be pretty easy. Tturbo, and Wawaneesa, why don't you two see if you can do this on your next break from school. I'll help as much as I can. And I'll host it if you make it.

In the meantime, can BZRand make objects at random hieghts? I'm macintosh....
And, are we sure this hasn't already been done?

And yet no one offers to host my maps. *sob* I can mod my Winter-nee-mas to be a rabbit map, if you want. The only problem is, the map is VERY comsuming on your graphics card, and CPU. I've been trying to lessen the load, but everything I try seems to have other problems. I took off the texture on the boxes, so now it just looks like a box. I've taken out the space shuttle and Cessna, which were just making the map to large, and made everything about 10 FPS slower. So now, it's a map, with trees, a lake, and boxes. No Fog, no Snow, and no planes, and yet I STILL only get 26 FPS. Pretty bad, considering that I have them capped at 33 to keep the CPU load down. Any suggestions?

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2145 ... ot36jv.png

Man, I need to clear off some stuff. That is a crowded desktop! (Look at the iceWM menu bar, and see how much junk I have running, all on 1.5GB of ram, ohhhhh yea)

(Hmmm, all of a sudden, the FPS are better, perhaps the little green men in my Video card are playing mind games with me!) I mean, what green men? I haven't seen any around here...
Tturbo
Private First Class
Private First Class

The first test is done.

Post by Tturbo »

I would like to thanks A-Delusion, because he has made a testing server for my idea. :idea-alt:
I have been thinking with Wawaneesa of a gopd map, and I made a drawing.
For things, the map of A-Delusion have the perfect size, but we wanted a 10 shoots, with little type of flags. Like 2 laser and 2 guided, 1 shock wave, 3 stealth and after only wings.
I will put the drawing with my next reply... :arrow:
looking for me? Look behind.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Alpha release tonight.

Post by optic delusion »

It's not exactly what TTurbo suggested... but this map is almost done already....

BIYA made 3 BZRand maps for me and I joined them together, moving every box into the air.
Then I modded L4M3r's invisible cage to fit. And made a deadly floor.
Next came spawnzones (for wing flags only) and players. At 300 feet! One interesting effect of this, is PLAYER SPAWNZONES WILL NOT WORK with only one player, as the rabbit has no spawnzone ability. (I now have full justification for leaving a bot on the server)

This was a pretty easy map to make. It should be ready for an alpha release tonight. It will be on my port 5157 all day.
I'm already adding colors, some noradar, non-random objects will come later.

-No textures, just colors. so far.