BZFlag is on "Download.com" and more sites!

Important stuff goes here.
romfis
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZFlag is on "Download.com" and more sites!

Post by romfis »

HI ALL

The best "FREE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE 3D TANK BATTLE GAME" is on
http://www.download.com and more...

Date added: December 16, 2005
and in 1-2 Days 60 Downloads :-)

See here on URL:
http://www.bzflag.at/aufgenommen/

mfg.
romfis
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

woo! more new peoples! what section did you put it under?
EDIT:: nvmind, found it under action>3d
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Techincaly they are misrepresenting the authors, web sites, and not distibuting the sources, and therefore inviolation of the LGPL.

I'm sure the person who put this up meant well, but there are a couple things you have to do to be compliant with the LGPL that bzflag is released under, namely provide access to the source as well.
ImageJeffM
romfis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by romfis »

can who translate on german, (don't understand exactly in englsh)

help me for this massage, please...

German:
Verstehe nicht ganz was er meint, mein Translate Programm übersätzt das falsch...

mfg.
romfis
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Man, this'll probably screw up the SF stats page too, not to mention download count.

EDIT: Also, it says requirements are "Windows XP". It also runs on Irix, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and other platforms. Not to mention Windows 95 and up.
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

In addition you aren't the author of BZFlag and www.bzflag.at isn't the original homepage... maybe we should get bzf removed from dl.com. :?
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

Saturos wrote:In addition you aren't the author of BZFlag and www.bzflag.at isn't the original homepage... maybe we should get bzf removed from dl.com. :?

Does it tell you who posted it? Perhaps we should try and find that author of that. It could be a modded client, designed to reak havock...
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

romfis posted it... bzflag.at is his site and he entered his name (Roman Fischer) as author.
romfis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by romfis »

HI

German:

Erstens wenn ich es richtig übersätzt habe auf deutsch, dann weis ich sowieso das ich nicht der Ursprüngliche Autor bin von BZFlag!

Bei den Download Portale wird nur "Windows" unterstüzt, ich habe sogar auf die suche gemacht unter google, so wie SF seite zu finden....
Es ist nun leider so das die meisten oder alle nur Windows unterstützen, oder siehe den Markt, wird auch nur der PC mit Windows verkauft zum größten teils...kennt eh jeder die geschichte, brauch da eh nix genaueres schreiben.

Auf http://www.winload.de/beschreibung.php? ... m_id=34778 habe ich auch unter "Zusatzanforderungen":
Ist auch für Betriebsysteme wie Irix, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris und MacOS X, verfügbar!
geschrieben, auf Winload ist bzflag mehr als ein Jahr oben mit 12195 Downloads...

Zu den Reg. info gibt man seinen Namen an wer das Programm meldet und seine HP, das muss nicht bedeuten das BZFlag von mir kommt, sondern nur die Website...

Und als wem anderen gib ich mich nicht aus, und wenn ich der Autor bin der das Programm gemeldet hat gebe ich nicht die Original Seite an, sonnst könnten andere glauben das es meine Seite wäre z.b. bzflag.org ist doch nicht meine Seite :-)

Das einzige was ich noch machen kann ist es, das ich in der Test beschreibung die Infos angebe, von wo bzflag herkommt, was ich auch schon versucht habe....

Und die allerletzte möglichkeit wäre noch wenn keine einstimmung kommt, das ich wieder versuchen kann aus den Portalen das game BZFlag entferne oder lösche...

Wenn sich einer finden kann, kann es gekürzt in english schreiben das die anderen hier nicht benachteiligt wird, wegen meine schwache english kenntnisse. sorry, wird aber mit der zeit besser :-)

mfg.
romfis
Big Cheese
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Big Cheese »

also, theres alot of information on bzflag at www.wikipedia.com and screenys too!
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

Only because Wikipedia knows all!
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Mostly Harmless!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mostly Harmless! »

Hannibal
I disagree-- it knows more...

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.
It is not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
Always remember you are unique. Just like everybody else.
Big Cheese
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Big Cheese »

hopefully the information on wikipedia.com is more accuarte then the information at download.com. here is a direct link to the bz section

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bzflag
Matt?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Matt? »

hasd the error on the downlaod.com been fixed? i thing the poeple that built it or wrote it should have their name there as credit. i think that the information on the download.com sight being wrong will misleade people. now if we were to make it so that
romfis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by romfis »

HI

It lasts littly, because some sides update up to 1 month newly ...

I found sites whit another URL... (not my site and not bzflag.org)
give on "google.de or at" the search word "bzflag download" one, or similar word.

This is my 100th post :D

mfg.
romfis
soxs
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by soxs »

i actaully think romfis did a great job of letting the word get out of bzflag,by doing this bzflag is going to grow which will bring others to the ducati league and the gu league,etc,but maybe he should give more credit to the owners.

To jeff m:romfis does not no english to well so i highly dought he understood u well,

www.freetranslations.com
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

the GPL exists in many languages. there should be no problem geting it and follwing it in any native language.
ImageJeffM