BZW Exporter Version 2.0?

Discussion, updates, modifications, etc for the various map editors...

Would you use it?

Yes
76%
No
14%
Whats blender?
10%

Total votes: 21

Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Teppic wrote:
Win Xp wrote:is there a .exe available ?
:roll: It's python :roll:

whoops didn;t see that

:P

*I need glasses*

/me puts his screen res lower
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

Okay... the importer seems to be fine (it imported hix without errors) but how do I access the toolkit-thing (like in your 1.2-version)? I searched all script-menus but couldn't find it.
Oh and could you briefly explain how that layer-concept works? I never used it so far.

(Yeh, I feel like a real n00b! :D )
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

Sorry, I haven't finished the importer yet, I just need it to be beta tested before I write the rest, so no need to feel noobish, the tools arn't there yet.

The layer thing will not be the same in the new exporter, but in the old one depending on what layer an object is visable in sets certain boolean values for the mesh faces.

In the importer the layers are used as follows:
layer 1 is the 'export' layer, objects visable in this layer will be exported

the rest of the layers are just used to import different types of 'unseen' objects
layer 2 is where group definitions are imported to

layer 15 is for transforms (if I can be bothered?)
layer 16 is for dyncols
layer 17 is for texture matrices
layer 18 is for physics drivers
layer 19 if for transporter links
layer 20 is for materials, as only blender objects can hold all the property data (plus they have nice little spheres to demonstrate the textures etc)

The cvs is updated daily at the moment, adding more import modules and fixes, and repairs to drunken coding.

Other than missing modules (texmat dyncol transforms and tetra) the only *known* limitations are nested group instances (todo), and groups have to be defined before reference (probably a script to alter the map file before import, then import from temp file, but much much later for that), and meshs can only have 16 materials each, blenders fault I'm afraid not mine.

There is support for LOD models *BUT* only as direct import, and eventually export, along with a normal mesh, any alterations you make to the mesh after import will have to be updated by hand.

It's pretty fair to say if you have released a map in the last week I've imported it and used it to bugfix the importer, but I'd still like others to try and break it too......
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

OK, the importer is done, Starting a new thread.........