servers: bzgirl.bzflag.org

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
orchid
Dev Godess
Dev Godess

servers: bzgirl.bzflag.org

Post by orchid »

Im running 3 servers, all with nick registration, swear filtering.

bzgirl.bzflag.org:6000 is one shot, Decks map
bzgirl.bzflag.org:5155 is 2 shot league style ctf
bzgirl.bzflag.org:59999 is not publicly listed but available for matches or practice or whatever.

please register your callsigns so i may add some admins, Id like at least one or two admins per league team if possible on the ctf servers.

At the moment you need to register on all 3 servers, they do not share the same database files.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

remember you don't have to make them all full addmins, you can just give them the permmisions they need :)
ImageJeffM
orchid
Dev Godess
Dev Godess

Post by orchid »

yeah, right now they can kick ban countdown unban playerlist and superkill and reset flags...i guess thats enough really.

they cant add/edit groups or any of that stuff
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

noone can in game, there is no way to add new group types in game persently.
ImageJeffM
orchid
Dev Godess
Dev Godess

Post by orchid »

but i can add someone into a group during the game? just not make a new group ?

oh and also the password has changed, and i guess i dont need admins to know a password right? I can just add them to the COP group and the commands in that group are automatically available to them when they /identify?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Just a brief note... I decided to try the new /identify thing out to see if it worked out okay. I logged in okay, but couldn't use admin commands. :?
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Dont give to Spiff the Admin commands..........
Me too....couldn't use admin commands.
learner
General
General

worked for me

Post by learner »

SGI wrote:Dont give to Spiff the Admin commands..........
Me too....couldn't use admin commands.
I didn't have a problem on bzgirl's server. At least, I was able to /kick myself after authenticating...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hmm... now learner is abusing himself. How scary. ;) Actually... I tried kicking myself too... and it didn't work. :?

SGI- I was admin there like the day after she started the server or something. :) CTF doesn't really require a lot of admin... but right now, it'd be good if I could get in to access it due to the frequent spoogebob sightings.
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Just kidding Spiff......
And I know we need an Admin. to kick the cheater or bad guys.
learner
General
General

Post by learner »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Hmm... now learner is abusing himself. How scary. ;) Actually... I tried kicking myself too... and it didn't work. :?

SGI- I was admin there like the day after she started the server or something. :) CTF doesn't really require a lot of admin... but right now, it'd be good if I could get in to access it due to the frequent spoogebob sightings.
Hehehe. I abuse myself all the time, Spiff, it's quite natural for some reason. :) People are always putting those dang walls right in front of me when I shoot... *tee-hee*

The old admin's aren't automatically carried over to the new server stuff -- girl has to respecify the people she wants policing her turf. And you can't be specified without being logged in, afaik.

Cheers!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hehe.. I know SGI. Your jokes make me smile. :):):)

LoL learner. Scary. ;) Yep.. I know... the problem is, I can use admin on the CTF servers, but the Decks server doesn't want me to. Grrr. bzgirl and I are workin' on it tho.
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

BzGirl wrote:
but i can add someone into a group during the game? just not make a new group ?

oh and also the password has changed, and i guess i dont need admins to know a password right? I can just add them to the COP group and the commands in that group are automatically available to them when they /identify?
You have a BzCOPs group in your server ......is possible to know who she/he they are.

Sometimes when I'm looking for a Bzcop or a server ADM I need to jump from one server to another.

Post by Guest »

ya know, i have registered a number of times on the bzgirl sites....at least two different ones......and i always have re-register......not sure if anybody else has noticed this problem....

i am doing the following

n
/register <password>

when i rejoin

n
/identify <password>

oh well, just an fyi
orchid
Dev Godess
Dev Godess

Post by orchid »

Ok, yesterday I edited all the database files for my 3 servers so they all match, restarted the servers, and now lost some info for some reason :(

The dev's are aware that syncing these files for multiple servers is a pain, and Im told after the G2 is released it will hopefully get addressed...

In the mean time, I am goining back to the old password sytem..

If you were an Admin please email me at angela_xox@hotmail.com and i will send you a new password

Id prefer email over private message as i can then email all of you at once, unless bulk PM's are possible?

Anyhow,

sorry for the confusion!

Post by Guest »

i am always confused.....are you using the /register to identify admins, or to help users keep their callsigns from being corrupts...........i was attempting the later........

fyi, liked the one shot server........well, when everyone had low lag..........
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Both, Bagheera. It protects you from imposters, as well as giving the server OP the ability to make you an admin.
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Space Spiff wrote
Both, Bagheera. It protects you from imposters, as well as giving the server OP the ability to make you an admin.
No true: depend from the ADMin server (owner) to give admin commands to "friends' :
think about spoonge login with a different name.... register and Ban Spaceman Spiff (finally).
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I think you misunderstood me SGI. What I meant is this...

If you register, you can kick people off of the server if they use your callsign. Besides that, if a server OP chooses, he or she can add you to an "admin" group that allows you to kick, ban, etc. (whatever the server OP chooses to give you).
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Dont think..yes I misunderstood you
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

:angel: Sorry for confusing you. :)