BZAnywhere

Important stuff goes here.
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

L4m3r wrote:Saturos, have I ever told you that you rule?
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

I told him in German that "It swings" if that is any help...

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Ooh, This will have the server included as well, right?

I just realized this will be a great option for server owners who are having trouble with BZFS under Windows.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

L4m3r wrote:Ooh, This will have the server included as well, right?
Especially since you can't compile it in any sort of bootable environment, not enough ram for most. I tried compiling the server under knoppix and my computer crashed miserably under low resources.

A server binary is a must.
Matt?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Matt? »

about what someone was asking way earlier about it working on a mac machine and stuff, i think all live cd's work on the mac's and the windows machines. correct me if i am wrong
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Saturos wrote:

wtf???

that is weird smiley, it looks like its high.
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

Matt: it depends what hardware the distro supports, a freebsd based live cd would support mac. i doubt this distro saturos is working on will.
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

Since my father has a macmini I can try that easily.

bzfs-binaries are included for all aforementioned versions.
Matt?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Matt? »

dang well that sucks. scence my high school only has like 15 macs and the rest windows machines it is no problem. but in middle school.....99.99999%mac's :|
huw
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by huw »

I have never seen a school with more than about two macs let alone a school that is almost completely mac
Matt?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Matt? »

well when i was in middle school they had one windows machine. and that was an old rusty thing. but they did have a windows server that i theink the state gave them was the only reason why they had it
JPT
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by JPT »

A question topic based:
Where is it hosted now ?
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

its not finished quite yet for a release as far as i know.

OT: Matt: man, i got a revo, aren't they great? i just bought mine almost 2 months ago.
person1
Private First Class
Private First Class

school & cracking

Post by person1 »

was just reading this and noticed that L4m3r said he could have made great use of this in high school and i thought i would share my latest EXPLOIT!

I love screwing with school computers. Especialy around the librarians....hopefully you know why.

Anyway I have it on my computers that I have in classes using a USB flashdrive!! I found a way around the filter that lets my download the newest versions from the forum, since I can access http://www.bzflag.org but I can get to the 'my' subdomain!!!!
I not just any person, I am person1
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

Back to earlier posts, I have DSL on a 50 meg partition of a usb watch, 650 meg seems somewhat large?
Sup wid dat?
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Re: school & cracking

Post by L4m3r »

person1 wrote:was just reading this and noticed that L4m3r said he could have made great use of this in high school and i thought i would share my latest EXPLOIT!

I love screwing with school computers. Especialy around the librarians....hopefully you know why.

Anyway I have it on my computers that I have in classes using a USB flashdrive!! I found a way around the filter that lets my download the newest versions from the forum, since I can access http://www.bzflag.org but I can get to the 'my' subdomain!!!!
Yeah, I did that too. It's just that the computers sucked, running windows 2000 with a p3 933, 128 megs of ram, and a 1mb video card... a relatively-light linux liveCD would run much better, I think.

That, and you'd get to use linux and still paly BZ. Lol.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

I'm very curious about this but I'm afraid I'll screw my pc up :|
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

BIYA wrote:I'm very curious about this but I'm afraid I'll mes up and screw my pc up :|
The point of it is that it runs from cd, won't touch the harddrive unless you ask it to.
Think_Different
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Think_Different »

I think it's a great idea. Would it be a bootable cd or just somting that you plug into windows or will it have linux on it. i think it would be cool if it had linux, but you could boot directly into bzflag. also, why not include a copy of 2.0.5?
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

Bootable linux distro AFAIK.
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Re: school & cracking

Post by Winny »

L4m3r wrote:
person1 wrote:was just reading this and noticed that L4m3r said he could have made great use of this in high school and i thought i would share my latest EXPLOIT!

Yeah, I did that too. It's just that the computers sucked, running windows 2000 with a p3 933, 128 megs of ram, and a 1mb video card... a relatively-light linux liveCD would run much better, I think.

That, and you'd get to use linux and still paly BZ. Lol.

you think your school pc's suck.....we are on 400mhz 128mb ram and windows 95!!! yea....wooot. :roll:
Think_Different
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Think_Different »

wow. I know the math teacher at my school pretty well and he is also the network/computer administrator. were changing to the new dells alredy. we got the blac ones a year ago, now more blac ones!. we still have most of the beige ones. He let's me have them for free, not that they're worth much. (Old 128mb of ram w/ 10gb hdd and p3 at 633 mhz and windows 2000 pro.(VERY SSSLOOOOWWWW))
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Think_Different wrote:wow. I know the math teacher at my school pretty well and he is also the network/computer administrator. were changing to the new dells alredy. we got the blac ones a year ago, now more blac ones!. we still have most of the beige ones. He let's me have them for free, not that they're worth much. (Old 128mb of ram w/ 10gb hdd and p3 at 633 mhz and windows 2000 pro.(VERY SSSLOOOOWWWW))
You think that's slow? Try my only working PC (unless you consider a Mac a PC): K6-2 400mHz/128MB Ram and a 8GB HD. At least the P3s have some L2 cache - mine has none. :(

I would give anything for a P3 1gHz. Even some money (better than paying the price of a new one).

Well... anyways... to get back on topic: my old PC won't run BZFlag (unless you like 2FPS!). :cry:
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
person1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by person1 »

wow i am lucky we got brand new Dell think series.
I not just any person, I am person1
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

hmm... Well, in my middle school there is no windows that i have found at all. All the classrooms have eMac's All the teachers have g5.