BZAnywhere

Important stuff goes here.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

the topic is not "what type of computers are in your school, and how fast are they?" it's "BZAnywhere"
--------------------------------------------------------------
When do you think you'll have a working release?
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

The plan was to release it today but I am afraid it needs more testing. And the upload of 650-700 MB will take quite a lot of time.
I expect it to be ready somewhen between tomorrow and wednesday.
chtibidasse
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by chtibidasse »

Saturos wrote:The plan was to release it today but I am afraid it needs more testing. And the upload of 650-700 MB will take quite a lot of time.
I expect it to be ready somewhen between tomorrow and wednesday.
And what's up now?..

I understand almost NOTHING in programming and doing something else than press the "play" button... but ... I maybe found some interest in your download, Saturos: with it, could I, for instance, play BZFlag on a computer for wich I'm not the admin and wich doesn't allow to install any new program?.. If yes, a new BZ-era is begining for me... :-) :-) :-)

So, where and when to find your stuff?
Thanks.
Chtibid'
(and if you think I can help with some testing of it, I'd be glad to do that.)
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

Sadly school consumes almost all of my time at the moment... so I cant put much effort into BZA. I hope I can manage to work a bit here and there to get it released in near future. I hope. :?
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

chtibidasse
This program does not allow you to download bzflag onto a different computer you don't have privs for, it simpaly allows you to play bzflag off of a CD, along with a few other programs
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

Ha... it isn't BZAnywhere.... the current Linux kernel dosen't support my SATA optical drive, so not on this machine :wink:

Then again, I have Linux on this computer, so it dosen't matter one bit :)

The tech support guy nearly locked my account for having portable firefox on my flash drive, I don't think bringing this CD to school will work all that well :)

This will be an absolute necessity at my grandparents house....
person1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by person1 »

me1 wrote:chtibidasse
This program does not allow you to download bzflag onto a different computer you don't have privs for, it simpaly allows you to play bzflag off of a CD, along with a few other programs
Yah I had the same problem, but I found a fix. I brought BZFlag and FireFox on a flash drive. I installed FireFox and am now able to get around the download issue. I believe it has to do with the firewall software that runs on IE (Internet Exploder).

The priviledges issue I of cource can't help you with. I happen to have an accout that has admin related priviledges. Programs that give me the error, "You need admin priviledges" do not have a problem on this account. Also I can Remote Shutdown other computers!!

I do know of a CD however (I have a one) that allows you to change the admin password on windows from DOS (boot from CD). You then have administrative priviledges on that specific computer (not network). You may be able to use this.
I not just any person, I am person1
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

person1 wrote:I do know of a CD however (I have a one) that allows you to change the admin password on windows from DOS (boot from CD). You then have administrative priviledges on that specific computer (not network). You may be able to use this.
Google is your friend, nuff said
person1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by person1 »

not sure what you mean.
I not just any person, I am person1
chtibidasse
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by chtibidasse »

person1 wrote:
me1 wrote:chtibidasse
Yah I had the same problem...
(...)
... a CD however (I have a one) that allows you to change the admin password on windows from DOS (boot from CD). You then have administrative priviledges on that specific computer (not network). You may be able to use this.

me1: I can well download but not INSTALL bzflag. So I wondered if Saturos' miracle-CD would allow me to play bzflag directly (without installing the program on the computer's hard disk), a bit like if you play a musical CD... I don't know if what I say is realistic or just impossible.

person1: I understand almost half of the words you wrote... I don't want to become kind of a "password-killer". But I may be interested in what you say. I'll send you a pm.

Saturos: the time you take now at school will perhaps be usefull one day, hold on... :-) "Near future" is enought for me, I'll wait...

Chtibidasse
Kooppers
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kooppers »

chtibidasse : Saturos plans to release a livecd that includes bzflag.
So as this is a livecd, you have nothing to install to play bzflag.
Just insert that cdrom (once downloaded and burnt ;-) ), power on or reboot your system and if the system bios is correctly setup then you will boot onto that cdrom.
Then just play bzflag (if your network devices are recognized by this livecd :-p )
chtibidasse
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by chtibidasse »

yummy wrote:chtibidasse : as this is a livecd, you have nothing to install to play bzflag.
Just insert that cdrom (once downloaded and burnt ;-) ), power on or reboot your system and if the system bios is correctly setup then you will boot onto that cdrom.
Then just play bzflag (if your network devices are recognized by this livecd :-p )
voila voila... Thats exactly what I wanted to read: I insert, I reboot and I play. If "livecd" means all that, then I LOVE livecd; and Saturos you're my big friend (Du bist mein freund, für dir jetz spreche ich Deutsch...). So hurry up, forget about school and go now to that serious cd-work :-)

Thanks all of you for the time you took trying to explain life to a newborn. I understand fast but I need long explanations... :turtle:

Chtibidasse.
JPT
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by JPT »

Ahh, noch ein Deutscher ! (Dann sind wir schon zu dritt, soweit ich sehe)

How do you want to host the CD if it's released ?
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

Read the first page.
ajh60
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ajh60 »

hows progress?
- sig thx 2 CBG
- hosted by pyr0
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

BZContest is taking my full attention at the moment... afterwards I will turn to BZAnywhere and make it ready for release. It is certainly not dead!
btw... registration starts in 2 days!
ajh60
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ajh60 »

omg i kant wait
BZCONTEST BZCONTEST BZCONTEST!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D YAY BZCONTEST WOOHOO YEH
- sig thx 2 CBG
- hosted by pyr0
Num Chuck
Private
Private

BZanywhere

Post by Num Chuck »

If you haven't found a place to upload it yet, try maybe versiontracker.com. (unless you already have)
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by temporal distraction »

I don't think versiontracker actually keeps files on their system. They just link to the developers site.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Plus, it's Windows Software Updates and dowlnoads.
romfis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by romfis »

HI

I found that here "opensource-cd" for GPL and LGPL on "CD"!

Is a GERMAN Projekt Homepage, and on CD (ISO File) is German and English Language Programms or Games.

Translate with Google

"Large collection of open SOURCE programs on CD.

Ever more developer release your Tools than open SOURCE to the Download. Advantage for it as users: The programs are often superior to commercial alternatives, but nevertheless free of charge and perfectly advertising-free. The source code is to be seen for everyone and freely changeable. Over Mail and forum you can step with programmer and users of the Tools at any time directly into contact.

These CD in the ISO format contains in the current version 5.0 ,185 current open SOURCE projects from all ranges. Picture working on programs and small system aid flax exactly the same as Officepakete, software for the video and audio's treatment, tools for security in the InterNet and for system tuning. For the first time there is also a separate Games version of the Opensource CD with 30 programs."

author homepage
German-language program
English-language program
Screenshot
for Windows [ 9x/NT/2000/Me/XP ]
in Java written - platform-independently
the program gives it also for Linux
license [ GPL, LGPL etc.. ]

Quelle (Press):http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... uage_tools

Autor HP: http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en ... uage_tools

Original German:

Quelle (Presse): http://www.chip.de/downloads/c1_downloads_13015042.html

Autor HP: http://www.opensource-cd.de/index.html

mfg.
romfis
smartkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by smartkid »

OMG, DUDE like 3 days ago i thought of putting bzflag on a linux os and usin it on the PSP (i never saw this post)

man crazy
~Sk
ajh60
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ajh60 »

so how is progress? have u found a place to upload? if not check out:
http://filexoom.com/

if you could use a file splitter and joiner and split it up into 100 mb chunks and zip them it should accept it

Specs:
Bandwidth: Unmetered
Max file size: 100 MB
Space: 2 GB (2000+ MB)
All file types allowed - including .mp3!
- sig thx 2 CBG
- hosted by pyr0
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

If Staturos does release this, I bet a few people from the community would be willing to use their servers (meaning no filebucket or assorted sites like that, they're filled with adware anyways) to host the ISO from. I can think of 3 people right now with those capabilities ;). Maybe even bittorrent it?
smartkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by smartkid »

its easy, make a Bit Torrent download and get a couple of people willing to seed it for the first few weeks.
~Sk