Teamspeak

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
mbvo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Teamspeak

Post by mbvo »

Are there any teamspeak servers used for bzflag games? If so what's on i can use?
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

what do you mean teamspeak?
JPT
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by JPT »

Teamspeak is something like Skype.
You connect to a server and then, you can talk to other people on the server.
It's like starting a big phone conference.
mbvo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mbvo »

Teamspeak: a program that enables you to voice chat with onther ppl online. it's located at goteamspeak.com. Download from http://www.goteamspeak.com/downloads.php
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

I've seen a server with a BZFlag channel, but I don't think anyone goes there as far as I know.

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

There are a few servers. There is one specifically for gamesunited which has a few bz channels, there is one run by some ducati veterans that is invite-only, I believe.
Though, you can use any server really.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
mbvo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mbvo »

I would use any server but I would prefer to find a server that already has ppl on it who play teamspeak. I did find one by doing a google search on teamspeak bzflag. but the server I found rarley has one person logged in.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Teamspeak is nor used an awful lot on bzflag. You'd be very lucky to log onto a server which is either dedicated to bzflag, or has a bzflag channel, and find others there, from bzflag, having a conversation...
If you join a league team, you can speak to your teammates and it is possible that they already use teamspeak or that they are willing to...

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

Yeah, it's kind of sensitive here. Most folks won't want you talking directly to them unless they know you.

Have you considered setting up your own server? I haven't bothered to try it out, but it doesn't seem to be too steep a learning curve to get one going. Certainly not as difficult as learning how to set up a bzflag server.
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

Longhair wrote:Yeah, it's kind of sensitive here. Most folks won't want you talking directly to them unless they know you.

Have you considered setting up your own server? I haven't bothered to try it out, but it doesn't seem to be too steep a learning curve to get one going. Certainly not as difficult as learning how to set up a bzflag server.
Setting up a TS server is pretty simple. Normal executable with all the settings for a server inside a web interface. The management of channes, bans, and other things are directly acessable via the client.

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

mbvo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mbvo »

I've set up a private ts server b4, but why set up a bzflag server if there's already one out there(or at least a channel) and ppl rn't on it?
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

We could pull out our ham radios and talk over our local repeaters...
mbvo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mbvo »

lol, I guess but I havn't managed to get my licence yet, and i would have alot of restrictions, because I can't seem to teach myself CW. I do know S, O and 0-9 in CW though.
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

TD-Linux wrote:We could pull out our ham radios and talk over our local repeaters...
Or we can use sqauwk radio, Holey should know what im talking about :)