BZFlag Mapatorium

External websites, for and about BZFlag
pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyr0 »

im with rpg there? i do fine with cvs, subversion will be a bit different, but i suppose its something new to learn...

all the same, usernames pyr02k1 ... i just signed up so ill get it activated as soon as the email pops up
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

RPG wrote:Why Subversion over CVS?
Subversion gives more control, you can actually delete folders. Also, anonsvn is instant! Better than anoncvs. Also, it handles some other stuff bette.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyr0 »

im emerging a subversion client right now, ill have the files up as soon as it finishes...
pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyr0 »

took a while to finish and i left because of how long it took, heh... i have the few bits of data up on subversion... blanksql.sql is just that, a blank sql to setup the tables (with one extra field in the user db, that being maps [total maps], to allow sorting by amount of maps but also to cut down on loading time of mappers page so it doesnt need to count the rows for each user when its going along...)

its nothing special, as i said. i didnt have much time to work on it today... well, i had 10 minutes and it didnt lead me very far because of the interruptions i had.

i must be off for a while, im supposed to go to a local club tonight (Hammerhead) and keep busy with the few friends i have left...

the users page is empty, but the intention with users.php was meant to be user registration and various updates (maybe avatars and what not). i wanted to make seperate files for particular actions. users.php gets user related data being sent to the server, but index pulls said data to view. screenshots and maps get put to the server through maps.php, where as viewed through index.php

seperation of powers id call it. this allows for the viewing data to cause its own problems in one area, but also allows coding of the viewing before the uploading (allowing the main base to be working without error before we get into the full bliss of errors that uploading leads to, or does for me most of the time). itll help with development as well, allow us to split the work a bit if we want to knock it out towards the final steps, kind of a you finish this and ill finish that, we'll split the next when we finish and knock out these last 4 portions in a few days to get it live... something like that

im babbling, but i must be off as well before i go to sleep, loud banging techno bass should wake me up... or make me deaf. or both. we'll see

:)
-pyr0

P.S.: What about you working with the code on the side RPG? say when you want to help out if you ever decide to join in again... just a thought. why knock out the original developer when he canbe all the help and it wouldnt be you alone either so you wouldnt feel all the pressure. up to you, though also up to meteorite as well (though why itd be an issue on his end, dont know....) Couldnt hurt for a free time, low pressure coding thing. its how i like coding, low pressure, relaxing, but enjoyable as well...