1.10 Server List broken

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

1.10 Server List broken

Post by temporal distraction »

The server list ("Find Server") in BZF 1.10.8 is broken. The few players I've talked to are just connecting to last server they connected to - but also cannot see the server list. It has been broken more than a week, so I doubt it is just a DNS propagation problem.

The server list still works in 1.7, though...
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

is it possibly the management trying to foce old users to upgrade to 2.0?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

no it is not. it is something that did not get moved over corectly. 1.10 uses the same list as 2.0

try seting the list server URL in your config to http://my.bzflag.bz/db/
I have a feeling that some 1.10.x clients went to a domain that isnt' set up right.
ImageJeffM
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by temporal distraction »

JeffM2501 wrote:no it is not. it is something that did not get moved over corectly. 1.10 uses the same list as 2.0

try seting the list server URL in your config to http://my.bzflag.bz/db/
I have a feeling that some 1.10.x clients went to a domain that isnt' set up right.
Where is the config for the 1.10.x client and how will the players who don't read these messages going to fix this?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

the domain name is being moved over, the person who could do (learner) it was out of town, so we just got ahold of him. So as soon as the change propigates around the world, everyone should work fine.

the config for 1.10 will be in the same place as 2.0 just not in the 2.0 folder.

I will say that 1.10 is not realy high on the list of priorities, so other things were fixed first. It is a rather old version.
ImageJeffM