Funniest BZ Flag Moment?

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
MonsterMan++
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MonsterMan++ »

On boxy war my team mate got geno 5 times in a row and every time he killed one of our team mates and blew the whole team up!

13 players on the team/5x13=65 tks and :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip:
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
-George Carlin

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
-George Carlin

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
-Yogi Berra

Better a broken promise than none at all.
-Mark Twain
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

5 times :shock: . i never saw that.
the sorting hat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the sorting hat »

Funniest moment:
I was trying to shoot a red guy and he just kept on jumping for about a million years until he got kicked from the server!
MonsterMan++
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MonsterMan++ »

You can still get him when he lands can't you? Sometimes they are extra laggy and they're impossible to hit.
-George Carlin

-George Carlin

-Yogi Berra

-Mark Twain
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

Heres one.

Me, QuantumBeep, and either L4m3r or Tropican8 - someone else, were on Planet MoFo: THe Passion of the Free For All, hangin back, when that fool USS Enterprise, for some unknown reason, started a poll to ban himself. He was all "On no! Oops! Gah!"

I laugh and vote yes for gets and shiggles. Seconds later, the server announced he was banned for so long. Evidentally, everyone else that was eligible voted yes as well, and his poll was successful.

We laughed for a good minute after that one. I unbanned him and tried to lfind him on another server, but no luck. It was a short ban anyway. But dammit man, that was funny.
...This has been a recording.
the sorting hat
Private First Class
Private First Class

MonsterMan++ wrote:You can still get him when he lands can't you? Sometimes they are extra laggy and they're impossible to hit.
That was the funny thing, he had 120-12ms and I had 111-5ms and I also shot at him just before he landed still no luck!LOL!
MonsterMan++
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MonsterMan++ »

Had he died yet? If he died at all then it's obvious he wasn't cheating. If he had agility or high speed it would be really hard to hit him or he could of been a bot because they are really hard to hit when they're jumping around.I hate it when bots have agility because instead of using it for anything useful they just jump across the map going evrywhere and annoying everyone! It's really hard to hit people when they're jumping and they have tiny or thief because they're minuscule! :wink:

Normally cheaters jump around heaps when you're trying to shoot them so it seems less obvious, for instance on LaserMania when you're trying to shoot them on the conveyor they're always jumping around making it seem you're just missing because they're jumping heaps too much for you.
-George Carlin

-George Carlin

-Yogi Berra

-Mark Twain
the sorting hat
Private First Class
Private First Class

MonsterMan++ wrote:Had he died yet? If he died at all then it's obvious he wasn't cheating. If he had agility or high speed it would be really hard to hit him or he could of been a bot because they are really hard to hit when they're jumping around.I hate it when bots have agility because instead of using it for anything useful they just jump across the map going evrywhere and annoying everyone! It's really hard to hit people when they're jumping and they have tiny or thief because they're minuscule! :wink:

Normally cheaters jump around heaps when you're trying to shoot them so it seems less obvious, for instance on LaserMania when you're trying to shoot them on the conveyor they're always jumping around making it seem you're just missing because they're jumping heaps too much for you.
No, he never died and he didnt have any flag because it was in a FunMatch at gu.ladse(Where they dont have any flags but the P* and R* flags!
MonsterMan++
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MonsterMan++ »

Had he just logged on? If he was on for a while I'd think he might be cheating. Oh well, it happened so who cares now? :|
-George Carlin

-George Carlin

-Yogi Berra

-Mark Twain
the sorting hat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Yeah!
Brennen The Great
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Brennen The Great »

Best Moment: When i returned to bzflag after 4 months.
Admin @ Pythonian Servers
Admin @ Brad's
Cop @ Silvercat
Cop @ Hepcat
Cop/SetGroup @ Louman's
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Brennen The Great wrote:Best Moment: When i returned to bzflag after 4 months.
Yay! You're back! :mrgreen:
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
TheAdventMaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TheAdventMaster »

I had this great time where I had just spawned in the air at about 400 ft, and jumped off. Some WG thought he'd be slick and shoot me while I was falling.

I fired off three shots and when he jumped to get to my height he er...Overdid it :P

Booomm!! I owned him :wink:
I will live forever, or die trying.
Much to live for, but something to die for.
I'm a pirate. Live it up.
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

This is totally random...from loumans...

check out attachment
Attachments
norang.jpg
norang.jpg (55.65 KiB) Viewed 3731 times
MonsterMan++
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MonsterMan++ »

Heh, that's funny as! I wish I was an admin so I could of been in on that conversation! How did it end?
-George Carlin

-George Carlin

-Yogi Berra

-Mark Twain
Goodbye2U
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Goodbye2U »

Topics that random tend to come up at louman's.
However, that's what keeps me coming back :P
I'm thinking I need a better sig than this...
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

MonsterMan++ wrote:Heh, that's funny as! I wish I was an admin so I could of been in on that conversation! How did it end?
Ummm, I think Tanner couldn't find his notes and the microphone went haywire again. Lots of technical difficulty with these new high-tech podiums.

-Tanner :P
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

MonsterMan++
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MonsterMan++ »

What next? The world exploded because Tanner started crying to loud through the microphone? They call them high-tech podiums and they cause the world to explode! :oops: Maybe Tanner could take a course in technology so it goes right! :P
-George Carlin

-George Carlin

-Yogi Berra

-Mark Twain
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

I think its funny when I say language for when someone says a bad word and then they reply "English" or "French" or something. :P

-Tanner :D
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

MonsterMan++
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MonsterMan++ »

Once that happened to me as well! Someone swore so I said: "language!" and they replied: "alien"! :lol-old:
-George Carlin

-George Carlin

-Yogi Berra

-Mark Twain
The Vet
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Vet »

That 'language' joke reminds me of an old pilots' joke:

Bull

*Many* commercial aircraft are stacked up waiting for approach toO'Hare Int'l, ATC has inflicted numerous delays, and some planes are already 1-2 hours late. The WX is good, it's just that there is a traffic bottleneck somewhere. Pilots, passengers, crew are all getting quite frustrated and angry.

ATC: "All aircraft holding, expect 20 minutes additional delay."

Unknown A/C: "Ahhh ... bullsh*t!"

ATC: "Aircraft making last transmission, identify yourself."

(silence)

ATC: "Aircraft making last transmission, identify yourself immediately!"

(silence)

ATC: "Aircraft using 'bullsh*t' in last transmission, identify yourself. American 411, was that you?"

American 411: "Approach, American 411: negative on the 'bullsh*t,' sir."

NW 202: "Approach, NW 202: negative on the 'bullsh*t.'"

Delta 55: "Approach, Delta 55: negative on the 'bullsh*t.'"

NW 33: "Approach, NW 33: we have a negative on that 'bullsh*t.'"

. . . and so on, right through the entire pattern.
Sky King
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sky King »

I'm a relative noob, so I don't have a huge list of funny moments, but... The other night in MOFO (one of my faves), all 6 players except me were huddled around one of the side buildings, using all kinds of jumping and ricochets... they were locked in an epic battle, with two experienced teamates up top and a herd of less experienced guys below trying to kill them and each other.

I weighed the options... let it play out, as any sportsman would...

Nah! I teleported right into the middle of it and SW'ed the entire complement in one or two blasts.

A few weeks ago, don't remember which CTF I was in, I was making a dash for a flag, just closed in on the unattended base, had a plan... And my teammate geno'ed the other side, almost all of whom of course reconstituted right around me, it was a firing squad, the sheer count of bullets must have bogged down the server, I think I still have screen burn-in on my monitor at that spot.

Being PZed and running around being "Factor X" and confusing the crap out of newer players who thought they hit you is always good for a late-night laugh, but the utility of that flag fades pretty quickly.

Also, I've been theived at critical junctures a few times, without realizing it, followed by some embarrassing need for the flag I just had.

One thing I have to say... is that I have so much appreciated how tolerant the older hands are about newbies... I have made some stupid mistakes, and while I sometimes get singled out for a kill or even TK'd, I have never really been verablly flamed or banned. The tolerance in this community is unlike what I would have expected.
Ck_asdf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ck_asdf »

You know, it's not BZ, but I keep reading in various threads about circling missiles, and keep thinking about Mario Kart, battle mode. It's similar to bzflag if you think about it, because there are question marks to run over to pick up items (flags), different characters (colored tanks), ya drive around trying to kill other players. Well, in Mario Kart, the best weapon was the red shell. This was similar to guided missile. My sister and I were playing one day, and I don't remember which of us had the red shell, but it was shot, and the "receiver" didn't get hit. Why? Because the shell circled around the character, round and round before I think it hit a wall, or something.

Another funny moment was with the green shell (not sure what this would be compared to, except maybe a regular shot). Neither of us realized that green shells, which are normally shot forward and rebound off of walls until hitting someone (or enough time passes that they just disappear), could be dropped by pressing down and then firing. This happened accidentally once, and Becca (my sis) decided to investigate. She ended up dying because of it. :P Great stuff.

As for bzflag... not sure if I've had any funny moments, but it's been FUN!
Yep, yep... love hide 'n seek hills.
Skeeve
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Skeeve »

That was just 2 hours ago... I had a stealth and hided right below a GM camper's favourite place just behind a fake wall. I did not have to wait long and the first GM arrived heading for his camping place. I shot him right in the eye ;-)
Avatar created with South Park Studio

Don't you hate it when your posts get deleted without any note?
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Funniest Moment Ever

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

One time when I was playing at viper2.pimpi.org, I got the thief flag and there happened to be a tank with Oscillation Overthruster protruding partially from the middle wall. I stole his flag, and then laughed, for he was now sealed inside the wall, and helpless to do anything to stop me from killing him. Luckily for him, I put him out of his misery.

--A Distraction.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed